Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spderman 2 Review (spoilers)

Bling

What distinguishes a superhero from a normal person? This is the centran tenant of the film Spiderman 2. What makes this movie so incredible is the human emotions it evokes not only from its central characters but the audience as well.

To choose between the only girl he has ever loved or being "what he was meant to be", Peter Parker must fight his inner self more so then even his enemies onscreen.

Heart wrenchgly expouded, the story of Mary Jane and Peter Parker takes a few twists and turns. Mary's impending marriage to the son of Peter's boss (who is excellent once again in this film), to the scene in which Peter and Mary are sitting at a cafe and he must tell her "HE does not love her" in order that he can protect her, it was all beautifully rendered on film.

The archnemesis for this film, was Dr. Octavius (Doc Ock) a genius whose plan for cheap energy (via fusion) ends up being his downfall. His self constructed limbs take control of his psyche and creates a monster.

In many ways, Doc Oc and Spidey are vastly similar. Both are fighting themselves. The Doc fighting his prosthetic limbs from takin control and Peter Parker fighting his onw psyche... trying to figure out whether he should be a hero or just a boy who loves Mary Jane.

After Peter's identity is revealed by the end of the film to his best friend as well as Mary Jane, Mary touchingly tells him "I have always known..... I have always been at your doorstep"

AT this point, I shed a tear..... moviemaking at its best. When a film is able to illicit..... heroism, fear, love and honesty all in a 2 hr timespan. It is a job well done.

The third installment of this film is sure to not be missed as The Goblin's son....... Peter's best friend is out for revenge.

Guest joeygk

The villian was cool, but other than that it was fairly predictable. the special effects looked good, but nothing groundbreaking or inventive. the movie was okay, but nothing to write home to mom about. :-\

Guest huey

Next time anyone goes to Universal Studio's Adventure Island-you need to check out the "Spiderman" affects ride. Exciting stuff! ;)

Guest fairyDust

The only critique I have is that the ending had about 4 endings. But definitely worth $7.00.

LOL! so true.

Guest LeVeL

I'm just glad I didn't have to take my kid to see that. Someone else did it for me. :)

I thought you said you didn't want your kid to see this movie.

Guest Clarisa

I'm just glad I didn't have to take my kid to see that. Someone else did it for me. :)

Nope, I said I wasn't going to take him. 'Cause I didn't want to see it. See what happens when you think? Can't you do 2 things at the same time. Listen and think ha ha ha ha

Guest LeVeL

Nope, I said I wasn't going to take him. 'Cause I didn't want to see it. See what happens when you think? Can't you do 2 things at the same time. Listen and think ha ha ha ha

I'm a guy we can only do one thing at a time ;D

Guest Clarisa

I'm a guy we can only do one thing at a time ;D

Right..cuando les conviene.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I got a chance to see this today and I thought it was really good. definetly worth to see it on the big screen. The only knock I have about the film is that the real Spider Man in the comic books isn't supposed to be as strong as they make him out to be in this movie. Like the scene's where he stopped the run-away subway and the wall from colapsing on MJ towards the end....

But the action sequences were great to watch...especially the scene when they were fighting on the subway....