i'm in love

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

30-inch Cinema HD = $ 3299.00

30-inch Cinema HD = $ 3299.00

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Utrla DDL = $ 599.00

Dual 2.5GHz G5 = $ 2999.00

Total = $ 10,196.00

For such an amazingly low price... you too can have your very own personal desktop heaven.

Guest trancepriest

The displays are VESA compliant... so you could take them off the stand and mount em on a wall or however you chose. I may slowly work my way up to buying one of them. Don't know how that would work out with my current 20 inch though... because the new display card for the 30 inchers use DVI instead of ADC. Would love a 30 inch as my main screen and the 20 inch as an auxillary.

Guest macboy

Yeah, it's awesome, but with that dual-DVI card requirement, it's really a $3900 display. I think you need a separate GeForce 6800 card for the second display, so the price of that setup I believe is actually $10795.

:o

Oh yeah, they said the 20 & 23 displays can be used on PCs, but the 30 can only be used with a G5.

Guest trancepriest

One NVIDIA Geforce 6800 card can drive two 30 inch screens. They use AGP so you couldn't fit two into a computer... plus their pretty massive usually covering some of the other PCI slots. Dual Link DVI technology hasn't been released for PC's yet... but i heard a card for PC's should be out soon. If you look closely at the pic below you'll see the two cables in the back going to both screens.

g5-geforce.jpg