Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Something I noticed...

Guest pod

Guest pod

The Church of Scientology was camped out at the 93.1 bash yesterday? Guess since the advent of the Kabbalah fad, they need to reach out to more people.

Scientology, cult or not? Discuss!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clarisa

I am a true believer they are a cult. A few years back I worked in Coral Gables near one of their so called centers. I kept seeing these little fliers staing get an IQ test for free. I thought it would be fun, at that time, to take the test and see how well I would do. The test I was given had more to do with personal questions on how you feel, what would you do in this scenerio, etc. Well by the time I got the results they figured I was depressed and needed help. I freaked out because I in no way was depressed nor anything emotionally wrong with me.

Guest LeVeL

I for one am a Catholic because my parenst are. Eventhough I have only gone to church a couple of times and only after going to jail...I still consider myself a Catholic.

I dont understand how people can call themselves Athiest and when Christmas time comes they celebrate Christmas what the fuck is that. I till this day laugh at people who tell me that they are Athiest when the truth is they really aren't.

Guest swirliegirlie

I for one am a Catholic because my parenst are. Eventhough I have only gone to church a couple of times and only after going to jail...I still consider myself a Catholic.

I dont understand how people can call themselves Athiest and when Christmas time comes they celebrate Christmas what the fuck is that. I till this day laugh at people who tell me that they are Athiest when the truth is they really aren't.

in our society people celebrate christmas for presents and santa claus. it has little to do with god or jesus. we are the material world.

For many people Christmas is just a commerical holiay now...

Guest LeVeL

in our society people celebrate christmas for presents and santa claus. it has little to do with god or jesus. we are the material world.

Yeah its a dam shame too, this past Christmas I didn't go all out buying presents for that reason. It seems every family party or get together you go to people seem to think that you have to buy them Presents in order to actually have an around Christmas.

It sucks what Christmas has become its suddenly all about material and not about the whole meaning behind it. But I still laugh at people who claim to be Athiest because the truth is that the reason why holidays like Christmas are celebrated.

Guest web_norah

The Church of Scientology was camped out at the 93.1 bash yesterday? Guess since the advent of the Kabbalah fad, they need to reach out to more people.

Scientology, cult or not? Discuss!

Scientology is Kabbalah today

a celebrity religion/ fad

Guest durrtylexx

i think every religion is a cult.

I agree, every religion has the same structure...your either with us or your dammed...

I spit on all religious fanatics.

As far as Christmas,its just a tradition for me, just like thanksgiving and halloween.

Guest bcnjunkie

quote heard elsewhere:

the only difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of people involved.

same difference !

Guest JMT

quote heard elsewhere:

the only difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of people involved.

same difference !

what?

Guest cutchemist

I don't think every religion is a cult but I do think Scientology is...

Scientology is not a recognized religion in most states (which means they do not have state of federal funding)...... and exception is FL....I would have to say that every "recognized religion" is a cult......but a religion is anything that you believe in....

I do believe in some of the teachings of scientology though...... they are all about senses and how we are programmed to react to things.....I guess the first thing you do is give them alot of money...and they tie you up in a hotel room so that you "let go"..... Then you start training your self......"I will not order a super sized value meal" "I will not let my kids drive me crazy"kind of $hit.

That is what my friends tell me anyways

Guest LdySphynx

Well to be honest with you my mom used to be the coolest person around...she would even party with us! Her radio station was always tuned into 94.9 Zeta and would go to the rock Concerts every now and again.

Mind you my mom is 46 and looks 30 :D!!!

But a "Friend" of hers got her into this so call "Baptist" church & I myslef am a Baptist since I was 15 years old, but I have never seen Baptist church like the one she is going too. My mom has done a complete 360 she no longer listens to rock her radio is now tuned into the Christian Station, and the things she says are not of a normal church goer she tries to tell everybody that they are going down the wrong path that they need to recieve the Holy Spirit if not they are going to HELL!!!!

I totally feel like they have Brain Washed her very very badly, supposedly and this told to me by my son that last Wednesday the pastor touched somebody on the forehead and they fell back WTF is that? I am actually getting to the point where I do not even want to go see her because I always have to hear her sermon, I myself do not beleive in any church or in going to any church!!! I feel that 80% of the pastors are thieves and are just making a hell of a living with all of these peoples faith, makes you wonder who is the one who is really going to hell!!!!

Oh and one more thing now she says that everything is Diabolic , the other day shr say the Tattoo I had on my lower back was Diabolic...I just had to laugh at her cause it's gone to far!!!!

I want to make her see that they are completely Brain washing her but at this point she would EAT me alive if I even begin to mention it to her, so I don't know what to do and i'm afriad that she will end up going nuts!!!!!

Guest pod

I got ya beat, my mom is 42 and I am 25. Do the math.

;D

My parents had a "religious" phase of sorts. I remember getting dragged to an Eastern Orthodox church of all places. They're even more reactionary than the Catholics. I think they consider fire a sin. It was more my mom's doing, she thought the family unit was disintegrating, and went to this church on a neighbor's recommendation.

Soon after though, they kinda lost interest, and went back to the logic of "Well, whatever floats your boat" , in terms of belief systems. Scientology came up at the dinner table usually when someone mentioned Tom, Nicole, or John and Kelly. We all agreed Scientology is scary.

There is religions, then there are scams. Scientology is the latter.

Back in the day, the Scientologists used to patrol the USENET groups and look for anti-CoS postings, then proceed to sic their very powerful lawyers on the hapless poster. I'm wondering if they are still on that track?

Guest web_norah

Scientologists are also the ones that used to print one pager to two page national newspaper ads.......protesting when Germany wouldnt allow them to come in and start their congregation there....and add to injury, people like John Travolta, Tom Cruise and other signing this non-sense, in the name of their so called religion... ::)

Guest Cosmigonon

BTW, I'm an atheist and I still celebrate Xmas, not because it means anything, but because is just an excuse to do a little celebration. ;D

Guest JMT

BTW, I'm an atheist and I still celebrate Xmas, not because it means anything, but because is just an excuse to do a little celebration. ;D

dont take this wrong, but thats a little bit hypocritical, isnt it?