Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Something I noticed...

Guest pod

Guest Cosmigonon

BTW, I'm an atheist and I still celebrate Xmas, not because it means anything, but because is just an excuse to do a little celebration. ;D

dont take this wrong, but thats a little bit hypocritical, isnt it?

Yes ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LdySphynx

My mom has done a complete 360

You mean a 180?

Actually yeah I did mean 180,LOL I guess I just really wanted to express how much she had changed!!!! :P

Guest LeVeL

BTW, I'm an atheist and I still celebrate Xmas, not because it means anything, but because is just an excuse to do a little celebration. ;D

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Guest guyman1966

OK Kids Listen Up...

Kabbalah might be the "in" fad for today's celeb's, but it is part of a real religion... its an obscure section, a spiritual part of the Jewish religion. Its been around almost as long as Judi sum. Its not some bullshit made up by some guy like L. Ron Horowitz. In fact, Rabbi's teach that you should not study Kabbalah until you master your traditional studies.

So... it makes me sick that the Kabbalah movement has accepted a whore like Madonna as their spokesperson. She is not Jewish and by humping people on stage, making out with women for effect and shock value, and her overall Slut image is offensive to Judaism, women's rights and man-kind.

Guest pod

Hear hear. I heard about the Kabbalah a long time ago, way before the jet-set did. As a matter of fact, I usually spot these stupid trends way in advance.

Guest trancepriest

Hear hear... in second amendment to guymans post. Did you guys see the new cover of her on this months issue of Ocean Drive? I saw it online and thought i was on the wrong site for a while. Any other woman and they would have never done a cover like that. It's just vulgar as hell.

Guest bcnjunkie

I'm by far not a madonna fan, BY FAR. I just think her music sucks and that anybody can become a star if marketed correctly and with the proper team. However, what's so offensive about that cover ? what are you guys mormon ? more hypocrite than madonna are you guys !

Guest web_norah

everyone uses religious symbols or ethnic things to draw attention

not long ago, people were all about the Malcom X stuff, again controversy sells...

then came the Scientologists

then there was the Mercedes Benz thing for old school rappers

it is all about marketing

Guest trancepriest

That cover is just plain ugly. She should get a tan or something. Artisitically the cover is crass.

Guest web_norah

i think you guys are missing the point by miles

that cover is not the best IMO but..............it is catchy and very very out of the ordinary.....artsy fartsy, thats what grabs attention. Madonna is king of marketing antics!

Guest trancepriest

Hey if my grand mother was on the same cover... dressed in that whore outfit. Then it would grab peoples attention too. That nasty looking mop of a wig on her head... just did it for me. Being provocative is one thing... mid 40's doing that is just plain nasty... even Cher can do better... art wise. And i like Madonnas music... I just think the image is just crass. At least Cher did it with more of a carnivalesque flare.

Guest bcnjunkie

I thought the cover was well done !, burlesque and artsy and I really don't like Madonna's music !

Guest trancepriest

Chers image is Burlesque.. that image is more like cum drenched. Only the furniture looked good. If that image is artsy then so are most adult movie covers... its the same composition.

Guest web_norah

it is a magazine cover done right in the middle of a huge tour while she promotes an album

cha-ching! Bobby Trendy says, marketing campaign!

Guest guyman1966

Actually - I like the cover.

But - I'm not a fan of her music, politics, or how she has single handedly destroyed any positive movement that women have made in the recording industry.

Today, women can't rely on talent alone to be stars, they also have to be sluts and sex symbols - we have Madonna to thank for that. Just look at Christina, Britney and Jessica to see what has happened. Christina has some talent - but Britney and Jessica rely on sex. In today's music world - Aretha, Gloria Gaynor, Tina Turner, Kate Smith all would not work because great talent is not enough. They would have to hump and make out w/ women and be whores.

Women need to be offended – Gays need to be offended (a lesbo kiss on TV for shock value) – and Jews need to be offended.

And - to top it off - now Madonna claims to be the spokes person for a religious movement.

Message to Madonna - GO FUCK YOURSELF

Guest web_norah

publicity sells. she is selling records. and using all the classic antics, a controversy, racy magazine covers, touring, etc

what she chooses to believe in ....i could care less.

next topic.

Guest trancepriest

Actually this is a big issue... this woman takes something sacred and adapts it has a religion... then showcases herself in such a manner. Society is all messed up. I really can't take many women seriously nowadays. They have a anything goes philosophy.. but then they want to be respected. The material girl is just iconic of this... media induced... make money... be famous at all cost culture.

Guest bcnjunkie

I think from an artsy point of view, the cover was well done ! I honestly don't see where the big deal is ! Shock value has been used from Elvis's girating hips to Madonna's S&M influenced videos. It's nothing new, it just pushes the envelope more and more.

Guest guyman1966

Someone once told me

"With great power, comes great responsiblity"

She demonstrates no responsiblity to women or her adopted religion.

Guest bcnjunkie

guyman:

we're talking about an entertainer not a head of state !, that was really poetic but not applicable ! look at all the other "powerful" people in the music industry and how many are good or wholesome examples ::)

Guest trancepriest

If being an entertainer is synonymous with being a clown type fool.. then I see what you mean. The point is not who is good or wholesome in the entertainment industry. It's the hypocrisy of her individual ideological stance.

Guest bcnjunkie

my point is she's never been credible, so why would you take offense to that cover if you didn't take her seriously anyways ! If it was some terribly dedicated public figure that suddenly came out in that pose.. well then yeah !! but how can you take credibility away from someone that didn't have any in the first place. You would have to be pretty dumb not to realize that her Kabalah fad is just that.... a fad

Guest web_norah

Someone once told me

"With great power, comes great responsiblity"

She demonstrates no responsiblity to women or her adopted religion.

well lets nail Marilyn Manson for the Columbine shootings then....

she is a frekking entertainer....

why doesnt hip hop get blamed for urban violence?

::)