Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kerry Chooses Edwards as running mate

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

040706_edwards_hmed_7a.h2.jpg

Edward it is folks, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry selected former rival John Edwards to be his running mate, calling him a man “who has shown guts and determination and political skills in his own race for the presidency of the United States.â€

Now lets see if Bush keeps Dick Cheney or will he choose John McCain to obtain more votes for his re-election. Bush the ball is in your court.

Guest swirliegirlie

please....McCain would not accept VP position from Bush!

My guess is Cheney will have some sort of a medical "problem" in around September.....the guy is a complete liability...I saw a recent poll that said something like 20% of people have a favorable opinion of Cheney. Whereas 73% of people have a favorable opinion of Edwards....miraculously this means half of republicans even. Evil smile versus genuine smile.

I hope Bush loses and believe this is an additional nail in his coffin.

Guest web_norah

The NY Post has egg on its face:

post06.jpg

dude and then people say, news are always accurate and the media never lies...even the NY Times had a major screw up when someone admitted they didnt have accurate facts.....

*see the Farenheit 9/11 thread, some people on this board are believers :o

NY channel 1 had that NY Post story this morning and the fact that they had the exact same cover

Guest LeVeL

040707_kerry_edwards2_hmed_6a7.h2.jpg

“We come to this with a deep, deep belief that America can do better,†Kerry said. “Today, we’re embarking on a new journey together.â€

Guest web_norah

at this point, any Democrat would do really.

i think Edwards appeals to the southern contingency

Guest web_norah

at this point, any Democrat would do really.

yeah, Traficant would be great.

Bush would be even better LMAO

Guest JMT

umm, yeah he is already prez so whats the point?

the edward pick is kerry courting the southern vote, albeit not a bad one. and edwards still had his website posting articles bashing kerry the SAME day this was announced. lol

Guest web_norah

dont forget that 40% of the total voting population elected Bush....and he won by a very small margin

so i'm watching the daily show the other night and the guest is the president of the democratic national committee. obviously he's there to get the young, mostly liberal demographic to really get excited for john kerry. and of course this guy is an idiot, spewing out propaganda, (of course) pro-dem & anti-rep. jon stewart tries to rationalize with this guy, saying that the democrats have an ubelievable opportunity here, all they have to do is be honest with us and we'll support them. just be honest! just be real! that's it! that's all we want! and need. but this douchebag didn't see jon's point. he kept on blabbering about all the mistakes bush has made. and that's it. i f*ckin hate politicians. all of 'em. except mccain.

Guest JMT

you said it. they all had to do some serious soul-selling and lying to get where they are. theyre all the same breed.

Guest web_norah

no but wait

not the Bush's -they are all clean cut Texans

such an instigator you are.

if Michael Moores documentary is all full of lies

then the Bushes are the exemplary Texas family ....not instigating. stating some "facts", right?

Guest swirliegirlie

so i'm watching the daily show the other night and the guest is the president of the democratic national committee. obviously he's there to get the young, mostly liberal demographic to really get excited for john kerry. and of course this guy is an idiot, spewing out propaganda, (of course) pro-dem & anti-rep. jon stewart tries to rationalize with this guy, saying that the democrats have an ubelievable opportunity here, all they have to do is be honest with us and we'll support them. just be honest! just be real! that's it! that's all we want! and need. but this douchebag didn't see jon's point. he kept on blabbering about all the mistakes bush has made. and that's it. i f*ckin hate politicians. all of 'em. except mccain.

I agree that McCain is great with foreign affairs. But before glamorizing him too much remember he is VERY socially conservative....i.e. anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, etc. He would not be a great overall choice, that would have caused some serious clashes for a Kerry McCain ticket. Edwards is a much more synergistic choice for those who favor progressive social values (like Butt the FVuck out of my life and how i live it)