Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van Dyk

Guest cutchemist

Guest cutchemist

He's @ Sound-bar 7/23... I haven't been to Chicago for about six months and I don't rember seeing this place..... is it a pretty nice place or what?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutchemist

It's nice, but kind of small. They opened earlier this year, but they were supposed to open over a year ago.

You can check out their site here:

http://www.sound-bar.com/

Yea I checked out the site. Looks Ok. Any recomendations for this saturday night?

Guest Akiraboy

It's nice, but kind of small. They opened earlier this year, but they were supposed to open over a year ago.

You can check out their site here:

http://www.sound-bar.com/

Paul Van Dyk was good but I thought Sound-bar was too small, I wish he woulda played @ Vision ::) Tiesto and Van Buren were better shows. I love Van Dyk but didn't have that

'vibe' oh well.

Sound bar is great to look though...

Guest cutchemist

Yea vision was a much better venue......Sound-bar definatly did not have the vibe goin' on but with PVD everyone was twisted...met lots of cool people....going back on the 6th to see some of them :P...... I couldn't believe I had 45$ willcall and had to wait in line for 1 hour... Vison-ExCall was much better......c-ya there next satruday........

Guest Akiraboy

I had 1 pre-sale ticket I didn't even use :o

I tried to go back out to see if any1 wanted it but I didn't wanna take a chance of not being able to get back in. So I paid $80 to see pvd :-X

Guest cutchemist

I had 1 pre-sale ticket I didn't even use :o

I tried to go back out to see if any1 wanted it but I didn't wanna take a chance of not being able to get back in. So I paid $80 to see pvd :-X

No way.......and I've seen pvd a bunch of times......was it worth it?

Guest Akiraboy

I love his music, I got turned on to him last year & I didn't even know who he was before. Now I know who he is.

I just wanted to get someone in on it too & didn't work out the way I wanted, they bailed out @ the last minute. I was there with some friends but they had tickets already. So I was tryin to be a good samaritan & GIVE it away but I couldn't get back outside. Thats why I had the extra ticket. That was a shame.

This is the 3rd time this has happened.

I really love that "sound". I'm still not sure what genre it is? Techno, Trance, ? I also like Van Buuren, Tiesto and Oakenfold. <~ I missed him on the 17th @ the Vic, OMG!

Guest cutchemist

I love his music, I got turned on to him last year & I didn't even know who he was before. Now I know who he is.

I just wanted to get someone in on it too & didn't work out the way I wanted, they bailed out @ the last minute. I was there with some friends but they had tickets already. So I was tryin to be a good samaritan & GIVE it away but I couldn't get back outside. Thats why I had the extra ticket. That was a shame.

This is the 3rd time this has happened.

I really love that "sound". I'm still not sure what genre it is? Techno, Trance, ? I also like Van Buuren, Tiesto and Oakenfold. <~ I missed him on the 17th @ the Vic, OMG!

YEA The same thing almost happened to me......My best friend told me she wanted to spend some quality time...only been up north agian now for 1 month....I ended up paying for out tickets, hotel, and airfair......but I've known her for 10 years 5 of which I moved to FL for.....in a year I plan to be livin' in CHI so to me the great memories that we made are worth it....I'm planning on returning next weekend..... I just love it there....I'm waiting to get some more job exp and save some $......

I've been listening to the "sound" since 98' welcome rookie let me know how I can help

Guest Akiraboy
YEA The same thing almost happened to me......My best friend told me she wanted to spend some quality time...only been up north agian now for 1 month....I ended up paying for out tickets, hotel, and airfair......but I've known her for 10 years 5 of which I moved to FL for.....in a year I plan to be livin' in CHI so to me the great memories that we made are worth it....I'm planning on returning next weekend..... I just love it there....I'm waiting to get some more job exp and save some $......

I've been listening to the "sound" since 98' welcome rookie let me know how I can help

I love Miami, I went there for Spring break in 2002, It was the best time of my life. I would give anything to live there but I can't. The closest I ever got to that feeling was here @ the clubs but it still never reached that fever pitch here. Chicago has diversity and excusiveness but Miami was incredible. The people were beautiful, stores were open till 1 am. I would love to go down there for a weekend & see a big name DJ spin somthin sick but money and family are constraining. All I can do is try to catch the big names when they're here or buy their CD's.

=>If you know of any good names that have this 'sound' you'd be the greatest help to me ever.<= :D

Luckily I have a few friends who share the same passion I do so they've been helpful but I wanna reach out to see what other peeps are experiencing @ the same time. I enjoy immersing myself in something new, its so refreshing.

On a side note, when I got back from Miami, I was so into that sound down there I got into the Euro sound too, with Sylver (Silver?) 'Turn the tide' ect. The closest I ever got to that here was DJ Marski here but that kinda died out oh well.

www.party931.com isn't that bad when I have a taste for the Miami sound.

Guest ChicagoJunkieJP

A great site to get some good CD's is www.dancerecords.com. You can hear samples of every album. They have 1000's of DJ's/albums. I recommend getting on thier weekly newsletter, I am. I purchase CD's a few times a month from there, better prices than retail too.

Guest cutchemist

I love Miami, I would love to go down there for a weekend & see a big name DJ spin somthin sick but money and family are constraining. All I can do is try to catch the big names when they're here or buy their CD's.

=>If you know of any good names that have this 'sound' you'd be the greatest help to me ever.<= :D

On a side note, when I got back from Miami, I was so into that sound down there I got into the Euro sound too, with Sylver (Silver?) 'Turn the tide' ect. The closest I ever got to that here was DJ Marski here but that kinda died out oh well.

www.party931.com isn't that bad when I have a taste for the Miami sound.

You gotta make time and $ for Miami Ultra Beach Fest now know as Winter Music Conference. Its once a year and I won't even dumb it down by tryin' to put it into words. I had to leave FL to be with my family (mom had a stroke) and I'm still in denial that I'm not going back. CHI is closer to my family but still has some "feel" I fell in love with in FL.

NE waze I used to have the new music that came out every month but obvioulsy I broke my connections, the newest CD's I got are from March which I could make some coppies of.

Pod's G-sheit though so I'm check it out.

c-ya boy :P 8) ;)

Guest cutchemist

Pod's G-sheit though so I'm check it out.

typo JP's G-sheit though so I'm gonna check out his recomm.

Guest Akiraboy

A great site to get some good CD's is www.dancerecords.com. You can hear samples of every album. They have 1000's of DJ's/albums. I recommend getting on thier weekly newsletter, I am. I purchase CD's a few times a month from there, better prices than retail too.

good recommendation, I just checked it out. I definately like hearing samples before I buy something. I also plan on getting on their newsletter too. thx

You gotta make time and $ for Miami Ultra Beach Fest now know as Winter Music Conference. Its once a year and I won't even dumb it down by tryin' to put it into words. I had to leave FL to be with my family (mom had a stroke) and I'm still in denial that I'm not going back. CHI is closer to my family but still has some "feel" I fell in love with in FL.

NE waze I used to have the new music that came out every month but obvioulsy I broke my connections, the newest CD's I got are from March which I could make some coppies of.

Sorry to hear bout what happened to your mom, I know it must be tough to do what you're doin. Good to hear you think of Chicago in the same manner a s FL.

I thank the stars my mom & dad are ok(knock on wood)

Is there a date for the Winter music conference? I would like to go there.

Also where can I scam some copies of those CDs?

just checked out the sito for Sound bar, looks pretty good IMO

Sound Bar is visually entertaining without a doubt. Pics do it no justice. The design/layout is impressive. Eye candy all da way...

Guest cutchemist

good recommendation, I just checked it out. I definately like hearing samples before I buy something. I also plan on getting on their newsletter too. thx

Sorry to hear bout what happened to your mom,

THANKS bro

Is there a date for the Winter music conference? I would like to go there.

Its always in March around my b-day 21st, don't worrie I'll keep ya posted ;):P

Also where can I scam some copies of those CDs?

pm me your snail mail ad

just checked out the sito for Sound bar, looks pretty good IMO

Sound Bar is visually entertaining without a doubt. Pics do it no justice. The design/layout is impressive. Eye candy all da way...

great place but not for concert type atmosphere imo.... bunches of small area's no big area..... I live vision's space better but sound-bar has better music