Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fatboy Slim's New Album

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

Fatboy Slim has announced that he will release his new album ‘Palookaville’ on the 4th October this year. After months of speculation, Fatboy Slim will return this autumn with an eagerly awaited new album. ‘Palookaville’ will be Fatboy Slim’s fourth studio outing and comes four years after the release of ‘Halfway Between The Gutter And The Stars’. It is released through popular Brighton label Skint. Speaking about the relase Norman Cook said “I’ve finally finished it. Palookaville here we come!â€

Preceding the album will be the single ‘Slash Dot Dash’ on the 13th September, whilst the album will include vocal contributions from Damon Albarn, Lateef from Latyrx and DJ Shadow’s Quannum Collective, Bootsy Collins, Justin Robertson and local Brighton band Johnny Quality. It’s a bit different this one...as you will find out soon enough!

Palookaville full tracklisting:

1. Don’t Let The Man

2. Slash Dot Dash

3. Wonderful Night (featuring Lateef)

4. Long Way From Home (featuring Johnny Quality)

5. Put It Back Together (featuring Damon Albarn)

6. Masochistic Baby

7. Push And Shove (featuring Justin Robertson)

8. North West Three

9. The Journey (featuring Lateef)

10. Jingo

11. Song For Chesh

12. The Joker (featuring Bootsy Collins)

Guest trancelator

Looking forward to this. Like it or not, this guy and Moby are the face of dance music. They are what the casual music lover knows of the dance music scene. Anybody who doesn't know those two names has been living under a rock.

Guest web_norah

i wouldnt say they are the face of dance - - but Fatboy has contributed loads to the scene internationally and in UK

Guest trancelator

i wouldnt say they are the face of dance - - but Fatboy has contributed loads to the scene internationally and in UK

I understand where you are coming from. However, I can go to work and mention those names and people know who I'm talking about. In turn, if I mention Tiesto, PVD or Oakenfold, a lot would have no idea what I was talking about...and supposedly they are the most popular dj's (not necessarily the best).

Guest CowboyTrance

Norman isn't someone I'd identify as one of my favorite dance music artists, but I can't deny one of the best times I've ever had was at his show. He was phenomenal, and FUN!

Guest durrtylexx

they know what is what, but the dont know what is what, they just strut...WTF

Mr.Cook has been an influence for a long time..I respect the man for what he has done... :)

Guest durrtylexx

I understand where you are coming from. However, I can go to work and mention those names and people know who I'm talking about. In turn, if I mention Tiesto, PVD or Oakenfold, a lot would have no idea what I was talking about...and supposedly they are the most popular dj's (not necessarily the best).

Werd PVD, Oakie and Tiesto :-X :P

Guest cutchemist

I'd have to agree w/u on that one and eventhough they are the most popular I prefer breakbeat chicks. But you have to give it up to Fat boy and Mob for what they have contributed.