Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What movie was the saddest for you, ever?

For me, it was Stepmom...I was actually sobbing at the end of this movie...probably because my mother is and has always been the most monumental presence in my life...

I get chills just recollecting the movie...Susan Sarandon and Julia Roberts deliver stellar performances, as well.

Guest Clarisa

Indie film ONCE WERE WARRIORS and SWEPT FROM THE SEA made me cry even after the movie was long over.

Guest durrtylexx

I hate sounding like a biotch, but it has to be My Life with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman :'( :'(

&

Old Yeller when I was a kid :'(

Guest JMT

Terminator 2......when the kids says goodbye to the Terminator :'( :'( :'(

werd. seeing that as an 12 year old was gutwrenching.

Guest web_norah

The end of Goodfellas because Henry Hill ends up as a schmuck in suburbia.

i'd say that was sad borderline ironic. sorta like Chris Pacciello (not even his real name, he was a jewish NY man, wasnt he?)

Guest demo909

Empire of the Sun.....when the little english kid runs up to touch the fighter plane and the japanese pilot salutes him while the gaurd has the rifle pointed at the kids back......I cry everytime

Guest joeygk

This isn't necessarily the saddest movie --- but I went to the theatre after a 3 day blinder of rolling my face off ---- and I started sobbing during "ELF" when everyone started singing at the end. I mean hysterical; crying buckets.

I'm sure my brain was all out of whack, but I was a mess.

OK. This might sound weird, but I cried for about 20 minutes in "The Green Mile" when they are 24 hours away from death row. Tom Hanks says to him, how will God judge me when I have killed his angel. I lost it. :'(

This isn't necessarily the saddest movie --- but I went to the theatre after a 3 day blinder of rolling my face off ---- and I started sobbing during "ELF" when everyone started singing at the end. I mean hysterical; crying buckets.

I'm sure my brain was all out of whack, but I was a mess.

LMAO!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

'AMISTAD' with Anthony Hopkins about the slave trade in Africa and the story of one mans quest to get back home to his family in Africa really tore me up. And the 'Passion of the Christ'. I'm not really into religion but I've always liked to know about what people believe in and why. I know this movie was really contraversial especially with a specific segment of our communitity but during the movie I started balling and not very many things make me cry, especially movies. I hate seeing people tourtured, I litterally wanted to scream and jump out of my seat and into the screen to help Jesus in this one.... But that wouldn't have been a good thing to do in a packed movie theatre....

Guest trancelator

I have to agree with My Life. Very, very sad.

Not sad per se but in The Rookie when the old pitcher calls his family to them he finally made it to the big leagues and his little boy thinks his dad is so cool. He is so proud of his dad. Definitely a happy kind of sad (if that makes sense) movie moment.

Guest sarahcj

I saw The Notebook recently and that made me cry...when I went to the restroom afterwards everyone was in there re-doing their make up.

Guest Cybercop106

The saddest movie I ever saw was 'Arthur'....when he got stuck with that cow Liza Minnelli at the end. How depressing!

Ocean's Eleven (original Rat Pack version) was a tear jerker too....when they were in the funeral home and they heard the crematorium furnaces come on and you knew it was burning up all that beautiful money in Birddog's casket......{SOB}....I just......can't go.....on......{WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH}

Guest ddg

leaving las vegas is hands down the saddest movie for me :'( :'(.....

i shed some tears at the end of big fish....

edward scissorhands

forest gump (when forest loses "his jenny")

perfect storm