Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What movie was the saddest for you, ever?

Guest ddg

Philadelphia...at the end when they are showing all of his baby pictures and shots of his youth.

great call evan.....totally forgot about it...

Guest durrtylexx

leaving las vegas is hands down the saddest movie for me :'( :'(.....

i shed some tears at the end of big fish....

Great flick f'ing sad..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest OMENOUS

Two films are the saddest for me:

MOVIE 1:

1. Edward Scissorhands- In the privacy of my own home, this movie broke me down to tears and a heavy heart. When I first saw this movie I was in my mid twenties. The movie in general does the job and specifically the two three following scenes did it. Note the choir singing in the background of some of the scenes or the baby crib like music in the background of scenes also play a part.

Scene1: The scene where Edward's maker tells him he has a special xmas surprise (hands) and then passes on.

Scene2: When Wynona Ryder tells Ed to hold her, but he can't because of his scissorhands and tells her "I can't", and then she finds a way for him to hug her.

Scene3: The final scene when wynona has become old, and Ed is cutting a statue of an angel, creating the effect of snow on the town. This scene one time broke me down with the utmost feeling of grief as i thought how this woman had to go on with life without Ed and how Ed had to also live without this woman he loved. I imagine the woman would pass on , and Ed would continue to live forever or indefinitely longing, and never being able to hold her or see her again...

MOVIE2:

Sunrise, 1926 silent classic

The near ending scene where the cheating husband who has come to terms with not being able to murder his wife by faking a capsizing of their row boat, is able to make it up to her, renew their vows, and then on their way back home they take a romantic rowboat ride home and it capsizes for reals, he believes she dies due to the capsizing and blaming himself and the mistress that conjured up the original murder/capsizing, seeks out the mistress to kill her by strangulation only to be stopped by the yells of the locals as his hands on her throat nearly finish the job, but don't, to break news to him that they have found the wife... he runs to the bed where she lays.. and sees. SHE IS ALIVE.

I saw this movie in my film class and as a guy almost lost in the class.