Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kobe chooses Lakers

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kobe Bryant's journey through free agency ended Thursday where it began -- with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Bryant chose the Lakers over the Clippers, remaining with the team he joined in 1996 at age 18 and later helped win three NBA championships.

"It feels great to be in the city of Los Angeles playing for the Lakers the next seven years," Bryant said after Thursday's news conference where he signed his lucrative contract. "It feels unbelievable........."

p1_kobe.return_getty.jpg

it would have been one of the dickest moves in NBA history had he left for the awful clippers. everyone knows that he didnt get along with either shaq or phil jackson, then once both of them are gone he still considers leaving?! thats pretty wrong.

lakers fans (ie patrick) can breath some sigh of relief.

Guest trancelator

kobe is an ASS !!! GO HEAT!!!!

Fuck the Heat!

Hey now trancehater ease up on the heat. >:(

I've had enough Laker bashing so I've decided to lash back. It's bad enough Shaq is on the Heat. ::)

Guest LeVeL

You know the lakers will be lucky if they even make the Playoffs this year. So does anybody know how much exactly did Kobe Bryant sign for because I was looking for it on NBA.com and they dont tell you.

So Trancelator your still living in the past man, just forget it dude your Lakers are Toast. Even the Clippers are going to start wipping you guys into shape.

Guest trancelator

You know the lakers will be lucky if they even make the Playoffs this year. So does anybody know how much exactly did Kobe Bryant sign for because I was looking for it on NBA.com and they dont tell you.

So Trancelator your still living in the past man, just forget it dude your Lakers are Toast. Even the Clippers are going to start wipping you guys into shape.

Whatever... by saying that you are saying the Heat sucked last year. After their 0-7 start, the Heat were 42-33 the rest of the way. Now the Lakers have the heart of their team plus Kobe and Payton. They'll be better than you think. And what makes you think the Heat are all that? Sure, they have Shaq and Wade but who else?? Don't even say Eddie "Softie" Jones. He's good for at least 15 games this coming year. And your man Rasual Butler, he isn't even projected to be a starter. But you would know since the Heat have won soooo many championships in their history. ::)

Guest durrtylexx

Whatever... by saying that you are saying the Heat sucked last year. After their 0-7 start, the Heat were 42-33 the rest of the way. Now the Lakers have the heart of their team plus Kobe and Payton. They'll be better than you think. And what makes you think the Heat are all that? Sure, they have Shaq and Wade but who else?? Don't even say Eddie "Softie" Jones. He's good for at least 15 games this coming year. And your man Rasual Butler, he isn't even projected to be a starter. But you would know since the Heat have won soooo many championships in their history. ::)

honestly Pat bro, every team in the west has stepped up and the Lakers have stepped down.They'll make the playoffs but thats about it.They have to compete w/Denver, Minnesota, Sacremento and lets not forget San Antonio.I give the Heat 2 years to make it to the finals, maybe 3..Shaq will win another championship, before Kobe does.. ;)

Guest klit

im probably the biggest la hater out there, but not stupid enough to post that they will suck this year. I think after the trade, though their value went down they are in better shape then the heat.

Payton does not have to play in the triangle offense that he hated and will play he usually does for the sonics, kobe will step up big, odom had his breakout year this year so expect more of the same this season, butler will be great, and they have a very solid bench. Grant is the only question of how he does, but I think he will be able to play good enough defense to keep la in games versus spurs and wolves. Lakers are going to still be a force in the west, no doubt about it.

The heat have wade, shaq, and jones. Thats it as of now. I think jones will play better this year while wade continues to shine with shaq, but how good we are depends on how are other players develop. You don't win with 3 good players on your team anymore. Haslem, malik allen, and butler better be ready to shine this year, unless we have another good offseason acquisition.

Guest trancelator

honestly Pat bro, every team in the west has stepped up and the Lakers have stepped down.They'll make the playoffs but thats about it.They have to compete w/Denver, Minnesota, Sacremento and lets not forget San Antonio.I give the Heat 2 years to make it to the finals, maybe 3..Shaq will win another championship, before Kobe does.. ;)

The Lakers need a player like Erik Dampier to get back to even get close to the Finals again. Remember though that Jordan never had a big man and he won six championships. The blueprint for the Lakers will look rather similar and these Heat players fit the bill well.

I think your timeline on when the Heat should expect to make it to the Finals is 100% right on also. Shaq could very well win a championship before Kobe also.

However, Mark Cuban mentioned there will be a new collective bargaining agreement which will call for lower annual pay increases and length of contracts in coming years which in turn, will provide for a cap that doesn't increase too much annually. With that in mind and Shaq making $30 million/year for possibly five years, has Riley screwed the Heat's cap situation again??? It's still a no brainer of a move for the Heat to get Shaq but that's just some food for thought. Shaq vs. Kobe will be great. It'll be fun seeing how things turn out. ;D