Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I know pod will hate this...

Guest macboy

Guest macboy

New iPods are $100 cheaper. $299 for the 20gig, $399 for the 40gig. Sales will go through the roof, while helping slow the demand for the $249 Mini, for which they have had trouble filling orders fast enough.

Guest trancepriest

Not too happy about it either... now my 40gb iPod is worth a hundred dollars less. :( Why can't technology just stop with my latest purchase. :) Final Cut Pro was the main reason why I switched to Macs. After the G5's came out... then i just had to have one. I'm sure Pod doesn't hate the iPods. Who would dislike such a great design? Not to mention it has his screen name iPod

Guest trancepriest

ipodclickimage20040719.jpgipodclicktitle20040719.gif

The iPod will continue to be the top seller.. because other companies such as Sony for some reason do not understand the minimalist apeal of Apples design. Just take a look at the monstrousity of Toshibas 17 inch laptop (more like brick) vs. Apples 17 inch Powerbook.

Separately, Apple said that Duke University will give Apple iPods to each of its 1,650 freshman this fall, allowing them to access class schedules and course information, as well as play music via the devices. A custom version of the iTunes site will allow students to both buy music and download class information. The school characterized the effort as a pilot program between Duke and Apple that will be evaluated after this year, adding that students will be able to keep their iPods either way.

Guest LeVeL

Separately, Apple said that Duke University will give Apple iPods to each of its 1,650 freshman this fall, allowing them to access class schedules and course information, as well as play music via the devices. A custom version of the iTunes site will allow students to both buy music and download class information. The school characterized the effort as a pilot program between Duke and Apple that will be evaluated after this year, adding that students will be able to keep their iPods either way.

Very Good marketing Idea by Apple, if it works in Duke soon all the Universities will take the same route. I personally see it as a way to keep student aware about their classes even while they are listening to music in the gym, school, or at home.

Guest trancepriest

Yeah, its definitely a good thing. The modern version of lecture cassettes. I hope that Apple doesn't lose its lead in this market. They deserve this one.