Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bush: U.S. probes possible Iran links to 9/11

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

Bush: U.S. probes possible Iran links to 9/11

Tehran government hiding Al Qaeda members, president says

Monday, July 19, 2004 Posted: 2:30 PM EDT (1830 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is harboring members of al Qaeda, and the United States is investigating whether the Iranian government had a role in the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush said Monday.

Bush said the CIA has found no sign of a direct connection between Iran and the suicide hijackings that killed nearly 3,000 people.

"We will continue to look and see if the Iranians were involved," he said.

"I have long expressed my concerns about Iran. After all, it is a totalitarian society where free people are not allowed to exercise their rights as human beings."

The bipartisan, independent commission investigating the 9/11 attacks is expected to issue its final report this week.

The commission has found that eight to 10 of the hijackers passed through Iran between October 2000 and February 2001, Time magazine reported this week.

The magazine said that commission investigators have found that Iran had a history of allowing al Qaeda members to enter and leave the country across the Afghan border.

But the report does not offer evidence that Tehran was aware of the plans for the 9/11 attack.

On Monday, Bush accused Iran of harboring suspected al Qaeda members and developing nuclear weapons. If the country's Islamic government is to improve ties with Washington, the president said, it must hand over any al Qaeda members to their home countries, abandon its suspected nuclear weapons program and end its support of Islamic militant groups such as Hezbollah, which the United States considers to be a terrorist organization.

"As to direct connections to September 11, we're digging into the facts to determine if there was one," Bush said.

Iran has said it has al Qaeda members in its custody and will put them on trial. It denies trying to develop a nuclear bomb, saying its nuclear program is aimed at producing electrical power.

But the International Atomic Energy Agency, the U.N. nuclear watchdog, has rebuked Iran for not cooperating with the international community.

Bush branded Iran part of an "axis of evil" in his 2002 State of the Union speech, along with Iraq and North Korea.

The United States led an invasion into Iraq a year later after accusing Baghdad of harboring terrorists and concealing weapons of mass destruction from U.N. inspectors. Nearly 140,000 U.S. troops remain in Iraq after the establishment of an interim government.

Guest trancepriest

Nothing like a new war right in time for the elections. Perhaps won't be a war but a couple cruise missiles to drive up the poll numbers.

Guest web_norah

Nothing like a new war right in time for the elections. Perhaps won't be a war but a couple cruise missiles to drive up the poll numbers.

he can hope for a war but that wont get him reelected.........he can send his two daughters on the campaign trail, yet that wont get him reelected...

Guest trancepriest

I think he could get re-elected if his daughters volunteer to fight in Fallujah... hehe. Nothing like family commitment to a war. The media could follow them around as they shoot at Arabs. Back home the populace would go crazy of the modern day joan of arcs.

Guest web_norah

I think he could get re-elected if his daughters volunteer to fight in Fallujah... hehe. Nothing like family commitment to a war.

thats a good one ;D

- somehow i dont see that happening though

Guest obby

I myself never doubted it in the first place. I still don't understand how some can actually mental block the facts.

Common sense people!

You have to come up with lies to advance your beliefs. Let me tell you, this whole existence of the Democratic Party right now is tenuously linked to this silly notion that there was no reason to go to Iraq, that there was no Al-Qaeda there and there was no terrorism there. Al-Qaeda was everywhere. They were in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, England, Germany, France, Spain, Indonesia, Philippines, Russia, USA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They were even in south Florida! BUT SOMEHOW, THEY JUST SO HAPPENED TO MISS IRAQ??? HUH?? That's the big stretch that you guys are asking us all to believe. The president of Iraq today is prominently saying, "There were connections." Everybody knows there were connections all through the 90s. It boggles the mind. The real stretch seems to me is with you guys. But the notion that, you know, lies and falsehoods are spread here out of desperation to persuade people is incorrect because there's no gain to that. It doesn't get us anywhere, and it certainly harms any cause to build it on lies -- and that's what the left is doing, especially in this war on terror, and particularly war in Iraq.

I could go on but I won't

Good day,

OBBY

Guest trancepriest

Thats all good but the main reason for going into Iraq wasn't about al Qaeda. It was about WMD. I think that George was playing around in his alphabet soup when he came across that brilliant concept. WMD... WMD... WMD. Weapons of Mass Destruction... Weapons of Mass Destruction. The sky is falling... the sky is falling.

News bulletin:

Al Qaeda could use nuclear laden donkeys to blow up New York City.

Guest trancepriest

You guys are forgetting the gassing of tens of thousands of Iranians too... but thats when America and other western nations were selling him the ingredients to make his chemical weapons. We didn't care too much how he was using it back then (1980-1988). And the truth is that even when he gassed the Kurds we didn't care too much either. After all they are not critical to our economy and their not white. It seems we were proliferating Weapons of Mass Destruction to achieve our strategic goals in the region.

Read these links:

http://www.rense.com/general32/suppe.htm

http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/weapons.html

The problem with Saddam Hussein is not that he had Weapons of Mass Destruction. Its that around 1988 he wanted to make his own WMD's. He wanted Iraq to be independent from the west in this aspect. When we were supplying Iraq with WMD.. we had no problems. It's when he stopped being our boy in the region that we had to stop him.

Full List Of 24 U.S. Weapons Suppliers To Iraq:

"Of course we know the Iraqis have weapons of mass destruction. We have the receipts."

A = nuclear program,

B = bioweapons program,

C = chemical weapons program,

R = rocket program,

K = conventional weapons, military logistics,

supplies at the Iraqi Defense Ministry and the building of military plants.

U.S. CORPORATIONS:

1 Honeywell (R, K)

2 Spectra Physics (K)

3 Semetex ®

4 TI Coating (A, K)

5 Unisys (A, K)

6 Sperry Corp. (R, K)

7 Tektronix (R, A)

8 Rockwell (K)

9 Leybold Vacuum Systems (A)

10 Finnigan-MAT-US (A)

11 Hewlett-Packard (A, R, K)

12 Dupont (A)

13 Eastman Kodak ®

14 American Type Culture Collection (B)

15 Alcolac International ©

16 Consarc (A)

17 Carl Zeiss - U.S (K)

18 Cerberus (LTD) (A)

19 Electronic Associates ®

20 International Computer Systems (A, R, K)

21 Bechtel (K)

22 EZ Logic Data Systems, Inc. ®

23 Canberra Industries Inc. (A)

24 Axel Electronics Inc. (A)

Guest bcnjunkie

I myself never doubted it in the first place. I still don't understand how some can actually mental block the facts.

Common sense people!

You have to come up with lies to advance your beliefs. Let me tell you, this whole existence of the Democratic Party right now is tenuously linked to this silly notion that there was no reason to go to Iraq, that there was no Al-Qaeda there and there was no terrorism there. Al-Qaeda was everywhere. They were in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, England, Germany, France, Spain, Indonesia, Philippines, Russia, USA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They were even in south Florida! BUT SOMEHOW, THEY JUST SO HAPPENED TO MISS IRAQ??? HUH?? That's the big stretch that you guys are asking us all to believe. The president of Iraq today is prominently saying, "There were connections." Everybody knows there were connections all through the 90s. It boggles the mind. The real stretch seems to me is with you guys. But the notion that, you know, lies and falsehoods are spread here out of desperation to persuade people is incorrect because there's no gain to that. It doesn't get us anywhere, and it certainly harms any cause to build it on lies -- and that's what the left is doing, especially in this war on terror, and particularly war in Iraq.

I could go on but I won't

Good day,

OBBY

there's connections with all of the middle east (with the possible exception of Jordan and even there). However there even bigger ties with other nations like Lybia and Nigeria. Why not attack them. ?? ... COMMON SENSE OBBY !