Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fantasy Football

Guest CowboyTrance

Guest CowboyTrance

Although I've been involved with CJ for over a year now, I don't know many of you...if there are any football fans out there that want to join a fantasy league for this fall, I'd love to take this opportunity to make some new global friends.

It's easy to join...

First, visit:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Second:

Click "Join a custom league"

Third:

Enter League #142715

Password is: hillbilly

The league can hold up to 20 teams (the more the merrier), and it will be an auto-draft, so arrange the players you want accordingly. Also, think of some interesting/cool prize we can all chip in on for the winner(s). Cheers! Talk to ya soon...

Study: Fantasy sports sites addictive

Last modified: July 19, 2004, 4:38 PM PDT

By Jim Hu

Staff Writer, CNET News.com

Print story E-mail story Your take

Fantasy sports, once a hobby of statistics fanatics and number crunchers, is flourishing online. Seven million Americans visited on average 200 fantasy sports Web pages per person every month from October 2003 through May 2004, according to a report by online measurement firm ComScore Media Metrix.

In contrast, visitors to standard sports sites turned 107 Web pages a month; entertainment sites saw 148 pages visited; while news sites reached 75 pages a month, according to the report. Most fantasy sports players used Yahoo, ESPN or CBS SportsLine, the top three sites in that sector. At 3.1 million visitors per month, Yahoo drew three times more visitors than ESPN or SportsLine, which came in at 950,000 and 930,000 visitors, respectively.

Guest durrtylexx

I run a league myself. It's a full time job... Can't wait for the season. We are ging to use ID this year instead of D/special teams.

alot more players and pts.. thats shit is going to be crazy..

I run a league myself. It's a full time job... Can't wait for the season. We are ging to use ID this year instead of D/special teams.

alot more players and pts.. thats shit is going to be crazy..

true dat! we are running 2 players, you can have any combo on defensive back, LB or Dline. We will have to add at least 4 slots on the roster to make up for the back ups.