Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have you guys noticed that geolocation has

Guest endymion

It's extremely useful for marketers. I have been using geotargeted search marketing in Miami and I'm really impressed, I'm getting huge ROI from it.

This site hosts geotargeted advertising if you hadn't noticed.

It's extremely useful for marketers. I have been using geotargeted search marketing in Miami and I'm really impressed, I'm getting huge ROI from it.

This site hosts geotargeted advertising if you hadn't noticed.

well the bottom ad right now is about denver, lol... I guess junkie chat is national, which includes denver. btw, here is a click fraud article.

http://news.com.com/Exposing+click+fraud/2100-1024_3-5273078.html?tag=nefd.top

Guest endymion

It isn't section by section. Both Overture and Google infer your geographic region automatically from your IP and other tricks. Totally automatic.

The biggest thing that this is cool for is doing marketing for professionals who have services specific to one area. Doctors, attorneys, that kind of thing. I'm able to keep search marketing budgets really efficient with it. I can generate about two qualified leads per day for a professional client with about $100/mo of advertising. That's a HUGE improvement in ROI over a yellow pages ad. Geotargeting is just the next incarnation of the yellow pages.

Guest LeVeL

It isn't section by section. Both Overture and Google infer your geographic region automatically from your IP and other tricks. Totally automatic.

The biggest thing that this is cool for is doing marketing for professionals who have services specific to one area. Doctors, attorneys, that kind of thing. I'm able to keep search marketing budgets really efficient with it. I can generate about two qualified leads per day for a professional client with about $100/mo of advertising. That's a HUGE improvement in ROI over a yellow pages ad. Geotargeting is just the next incarnation of the yellow pages.

You know me and a couple of the Guys here at work were talking about this yesterday. It is really going to get easier to market a product in your perspective area. The consumer will just have to do a search on Google, Altavista, Yahoo and will have local resources to llok forward to instead of national.

Guest endymion

Right Level, and it seems that a lot of people already go straight to Google when they are looking for things, even local things. The endless stream of qualified leads is proof of that for me.

It's cool for the consumer because you don't have to know what you're doing. You don't have to find a miami.google.com site to search for a service. You just use the normal search box and it tries to show you local ads if you're searching for something where that makes sense. Google is smart enough to know the difference between a search with local relevance and a broad worldwide search just by the keywords that its advertising customers are bidding on.

When I first started depending on geotargeting it was only available through Google but Overture does a geotargeting system now too. Haven't used it much yet because Google has been producing so many leads. $3000 direct ROI for a client from $20 of search marketing in one week recently. It really works if you know how to set it up.