Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Death Toll Raised...

rbs

Guest bcnjunkie

if your perception of righteousness is revenge (not justice) than your mind-set is equal to the people who hijacked those planes.

Guest endymion

Right, exactly what I meant.

Bad trap to get into since the US invading Iraq for oil is pretty much morally equivalent to Iraq invading Kuwait for oil. Oh except that we killed a LOT more civilians.

Yaay, we win!

Guest JMT

funny how you keep bringing that figure up, yet no major american press that ive seen does.... even the nyt.

Guest endymion

The Bloomberg news wire frequently cites numbers from the Iraq Body Count site that I link to. Here's this example. I'm too busy to ask Google if the NYTimes has ever cited them but I originally found the site when it was referenced by a Knight Ridder story in the Miami Herald. That's two popular American media wires that have carried data from that project.

Lowering the 12,000 Iraqi dead count to, say, 6,000 would make a difference.... how exactly? We're morally justified if we kill two innocent Iraqi civilians for every stock broker that al Qaeda killed but not if we kill four?

How does the civilian body count keep rising if there is no war anymore...Oh right we are on a blood seeking revenge for destroying our country. And while we are at it, we'll take the oil. We just see people and kill. Does your count have soldiers, beheadings, and their own car bombers?