Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KFC Debeaking

Guest obby

Dude, I saw the video last night on TV. DISTURBING!!!!!!!!!!

I am one who belives in karma so............

Guest LeVeL

I dont want to eat chicken wings again now and I just had that for lunch now. Thanks Tim, thats a horrible way to treat another animal but somebody has to do it. Just think about the Cows.

Guest endymion

Some studies suggest that plants feel pain. I'm supposed to stop eating lettuce because it represents a dismembered plant that had a horrible death?

I have personally killed chickens to eat and after that experience I am way more into eating chickens. Not less. Those little things are a problem, they're mean. Seriously. I have been nailed by those beaks plenty of times and as far as I'm concerned any form of debeaking procedure is just the revenge of the humans.

Guest bcnjunkie

In culinary school we got rabbits, chickens, pigeons, all sort of animals that we had to clean. in France they came with the organs still attathed not in the convenient american little pouch. The rabbits was the most disturbing as we had to decapitate the rabbit, somehow it always looked as if it was staring back, plotting its' afterlife revenge !

Guest endymion

I was served a duck in a Thai restaurant once that still had a head and feet on it.

Didn't eat much of my meal that night.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I saw another video of KFC's animal abuse that PETA released more than a year ago and I was so disgusted that I stopped eating at KFC and I wrote a letter to the CEO of KFC stating my disgust at the way they and their suppliers treat their chickens...KFC stated last night that they were unaware of the treatment of chickens in their suppliers farms...THEY LIE!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bcnjunkie

But they sure are tasty ;D

just about everything we eat is inhummanely processed, so better not think about it or starve

when a killer whale kills a seal, and flops it around in the water just for the hell of it with it's friends, does PETA put out a warning? sure we can prevent some level of abuse for chickens and cows, but at the same time, we have 98% of the DNA of all animals have, thus we are just higher up on the food chain.

so fuck em! i'm getting boston market for lunch today!

Guest shannon_coolj.

techjunkie, it's all about compassion !!!

and only SOME studies show that plants have feelings. some studies also show that apples are bad for you.

i saw that video years ago when a peta friend of mine showed them to me

it's horrible what they do...

there are ways of killing animals that are humane. do they HAVE to crush their beaks before they kill them. do they have to make them suffer before they kill them? NO

i think we should go back to how the native americans treated animals before they killed them -- humanely -- and they even thanked the animals for giving up their lives for so they could have food.

Guest endymion

One of the things that I think is interesting about being alive is how everybody seems to have a different opinion about when and how it's okay to kill another animal.

Some people think that you can solve problems by killing people. Some don't. Some people think that it's about killing the right people, or the right numbers of people, or using the right legal justification and due process, or that it's okay if you can justify it as self-defense. Some people think animals are fair game but people aren't, or that cute and cuddly animals are sacred but go ahead and kill those chickens.

I'm not saying any of those positions is right or wrong. It's literally a religious issue. I think that killing other people without justification is wrong but I don't have any problem at all with these chicken torture camps. The reasoning is that civilization has to ensure that people don't go around killing each other or it isn't a civilization. That means people aren't allowed to kill people. People need to kill chickens because we need to eat.

Turkeys too. My dad has a one-inch scar under his eye from a turkey spur. It latched onto his face and just started ripping into him. Evil creatures.

If it's the torture and not the killing that offends you then I suggest visiting a slaughterhouse some time. They are not fun places, animals get killed there, sometimes it gets screwed up and they have really bad experiences on the way out. If you had meat for lunch today then that animal you ate probably had a really bad last 15 minutes. Ever seen the thingy that shoves a rod of steel rebar into your hamburger's brain to kill it? Even some of those idiot cows figure out what's going on and freak out about it, I have seen it with my own eyes on my uncle's cattle ranch plenty of times.

Meat is murder, that much is true. You either eat it or you don't. You can't whine about the treatment of chickens at a slaughterhouse and then go out and eat a hamburger or a turkey sandwich and think that you're not inflicting that sort of pain on an animal. I know what happens to them and I still happily eat turkey sandwiches.

Guest swirlundergrounder

when a killer whale kills a seal, and flops it around in the water just for the hell of it with it's friends, does PETA put out a warning? sure we can prevent some level of abuse for chickens and cows, but at the same time, we have 98% of the DNA of all animals have, thus we are just higher up on the food chain.

so fuck em! i'm getting boston market for lunch today!

But the thing about a whale messing with a seal before it kills it is that the seal didn't grow up in a cage where it couldn't move nor have their beaks cut off when they were just chicks or slammed against a wall and stomped unnecessarily before they are killed for human consumption.

Common... You say you're going to Boston Market for some fresh chicken and you say fuck how they're treated. Wouldn't you feel better if you knew that the chicken you ate or whatever fast food you eat for that matter is treated with some decency beofre you eat it...

..Or do you perfer your chicken with a Nike foot print on it?.....

Guest swirlundergrounder

OMG they went through alot of trouble to try and get all of us to convert to Vegetarians!!!!

PETAs goal is not to convert everyone into vegetarians. Their goal is to have animals that we consume be treated more humainly then they currently are. I support PETA but I'm no vegetarian. I'm the farthest thing from one. But I do support organizations that treat their animials with some decency before they kill them....

Guest swirlundergrounder

peta supports terrorist organizations. really.

What terrorists organizations do they support?

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm at the top of the food chain for a reason.

PETA = People Eat Tasty Animals

We'll see what you say when you're thrown into the ocean with a bunch of hungry sharks....

Guest swirlundergrounder

I saw the same vid. Slamming those live chickens against walls at full force and for fun is not right.

right on.......