Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ricky Williams retires

Guest klit

Guest trancelator

OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHAT A PUSSY! HE IS ONLY RETIRING TO SMOKE POT!

WHAT A FUCKING LOSER, HIM AND BARRY MAY BE GREAT ATHLETES BUT THEY WILL FOREVER BE KNOWN AS QUITERS.

It's a shame that they'll be remembered negatively.. Williams had agility and strength. He was such an awesome athlete. I don't blame him though. Who wants to deal with bullshit if you're not into it anymore and you have loads of money, are healthy and can do whatever the hell you want? Good for Ricky.

WHAT A FUCKING LOSER, HIM AND BARRY MAY BE GREAT ATHLETES BUT THEY WILL FOREVER BE KNOWN AS QUITERS.

It's a shame that they'll be remembered negatively.. Williams had agility and strength. He was such an awesome athlete. I don't blame him though. Who wants to deal with bullshit if you're not into it anymore and you have loads of money, are healthy and can do whatever the hell you want? Good for Ricky.

the rules are in place to make sure the product on the field is legit. The NBA and MLB are a mess with drug use. If your boss walked into your office tommrow and gave you a 4 million a year raise, but said no drugs would you do it?

Guest trancelator

the rules are in place to make sure the product on the field is legit. The NBA and MLB are a mess with drug use. If your boss walked into your office tommrow and gave you a 4 million a year raise, but said no drugs would you do it?

Absolutely, I agree there should be rules and of course I would take the money and not do drugs. But that's not the entire situation here. He already has money from the previous seasons. The real question is this: If you had millions in the bank and didn't like the details of your job, would you quit and do whatever the hell you want? A lot of people pray to win the lottery just so they don't have to work.

I'm not saying he is making the right decision. I'm saying he has a right to do whatever he wants. He'll just have to live with whatever happens.

Absolutely, I agree there should be rules and of course I would take the money and not do drugs. But that's not the entire situation here. He already has money from the previous seasons. The real question is this: If you had millions in the bank and didn't like the details of your job, would you quit and do whatever the hell you want? A lot of people pray to win the lottery just so they don't have to work.

I'm not saying he is making the right decision. I'm saying he has a right to do whatever he wants. He'll just have to live with whatever happens.

yes as an american, he has the right, but it shows his lack of consideration for his team, the city and his fans. He should have retired last Dec, and the fish could have been in a better position. Sanders ruined Detroit for years to come, this has the same affect. Remember the fans, are the ones that put that money in his pocket, it's not like he works for a company which sells a product, he is the product.

Guest trancelator

Agreed. His timing is the only thing I have a problem with. He has really let everyone down because of that.

Guest JMT

we are fucked.

i agree he is a quitter. at least in barrys case he gave it his all for 10 seasons on a sub-mediocre team that he carried.

i want 0-16 this year, give us the #1 pick.

Guest LeVeL

What a shame, now we are fucked...if this would of happened a week ago we would of had chances of getting Eddie George. Now the only running back free agents available for us are Trung Candidate and James Stewart and they both have had injured problems in the past. So now Travis Minor is going to have to carry the running load for us in the meantime.

I guess maybe we can go a different route. Miami's offense might center on their strengths now, which are David Boston, Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael in the aerial attack. If they do go with more of a passing offense, that might mean A.J. Feeley becomes their quarterback as he is a better quarterback for short passes and long routes.

Guest web_norah

hahaha -this made me laugh, i had no idea he liked to smoke grass, i thought athletes get tested ???

Guest JMT

he tested positive for pot this offseason. basically his reason for quitting was "to travel and be free..." :-\

Guest web_norah

be free? makes it sound like playing sports professionally was like being in "jail". thats a bizarre way of dealing with reality, i hope he invested the money he earned

Guest trancelator

he tested positive for pot this offseason. basically his reason for quitting was "to travel and be free..." :-\

Yeah, how could he ever come back now after telling the Herald that he drank a masking agent to pass the tests? LOL He should be on the cover of High Times next month.

Guest JMT

He should be on the cover of High Times next month.

LOL!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Be free like a hippy!!!!!!!!

Ouch for the Dolphins but hey as a running back you got a lot on your shoudlers and if he wantes to be healthy so be it....I'm a Seahawks fan anyways but for you Dol-fans you want players on your team to want to be there. If Ricky went into the season unsure about his statushe would be an offensive liability. At least the Fins' and prepare a little with Minor.....

Guest trancelator

Be free like a hippy!!!!!!!!

Ouch for the Dolphins but hey as a running back you got a lot on your shoudlers and if he wantes to be healthy so be it....I'm a Seahawks fan anyways but for you Dol-fans you want players on your team to want to be there. If Ricky went into the season unsure about his statushe would be an offensive liability. At least the Fins' and prepare a little with Minor.....

Werd. Now can the Seahawks hand over Shaun Alexander to the Dolphins since the Fins are in such a debacle? LOL

Guest durrtylexx

yes as an american, he has the right, but it shows his lack of consideration for his team, the city and his fans. He should have retired last Dec, and the fish could have been in a better position. Sanders ruined Detroit for years to come, this has the same affect. Remember the fans, are the ones that put that money in his pocket, it's not like he works for a company which sells a product, he is the product.

well said.

Who knows what the hell the man is thinking.He will be hated down here forever..Fucking puss.

Guest endymion

I started my week (at noon, yaay South Beach) with this article in the Miami Herald about what's up with Ricky. Left an impression on me. I don't follow football any more but I remember reading about his problems with social anxiety disorder. He was saying even back then that he didn't feel right being a pro football celebrity and that he desperately wanted to get away from everybody and get out of the spotlight. Looks like he has carried out his plan judging from that photo of him loving life all by himself in the outback.

I kind of think that the people who feel let down are people who should have learned about him if they were going to depend on him. It seems he's been pretty clear the whole time that he was a flight risk. He didn't feel that his 'supporters' gave a shit about him so he bailed. That's pretty admirable, IMHO.

Guest klit

I started my week (at noon, yaay South Beach) with this article in the Miami Herald about what's up with Ricky. Left an impression on me. I don't follow football any more but I remember reading about his problems with social anxiety disorder. He was saying even back then that he didn't feel right being a pro football celebrity and that he desperately wanted to get away from everybody and get out of the spotlight. Looks like he has carried out his plan judging from that photo of him loving life all by himself in the outback.

I kind of think that the people who feel let down are people who should have learned about him if they were going to depend on him. It seems he's been pretty clear the whole time that he was a flight risk. He didn't feel that his 'supporters' gave a shit about him so he bailed. That's pretty admirable, IMHO.

He quit cause of pot. He and others are gonna try and spin it other ways to make it seem less like a drug issue and more of a freedom thing, but his quotes about drug tests and the happy people in tinshacks in jamaica make it clear what he quit for. Unfortunately for ricky he quit the nfl cause of something illegal which everybody knows he is doing so don't be surprised if one day you pick up that same herald and see the headline "ricky arrested." I would hope not for him and hope that he can actually live out his fantasy of being completely free and whatever he was talkin about.

I think he needs to see a shrink though for his anxiety probs and his other probs. He talked about being a positive role model in his interview, but ricky came out the furthest thing from a role model unless the message your trying to send out to your young fans is "fuck your job, get high, and be free cause nobody should tell you what to do."

Guest Clarisa

I don't blame him for retiring. The guy wants to travel and have fun doing what he likes best. Yeah he quit at an inapportune time but hey, I would've done the same. Either way he probably won't be in the US. I'm sure he''l go where he won't get arrested for possession.

Guest cutchemist

I don't blame him for retiring. The guy wants to travel and have fun doing what he likes best. Yeah he quit at an inapportune time but hey, I would've done the same. Either way he probably won't be in the US. I'm sure he''l go where he won't get arrested for possession.

yeayeaaaaaaa.....amsterdam or jamacia

Guest LeVeL

This is what happens when you give a weed-head too much money. He quits his job and lets down thousands of Dolphin fans. I feel bad for those people who payed for season tickets for the Dolphins.

Guest JMT

you obviously arent a sports fan. the fans loved him, and he fucked the team bu leaving like this. it was the most selfish way to go about it.

Guest LeVeL

you obviously arent a sports fan. the fans loved him, and he fucked the team bu leaving like this. it was the most selfish way to go about it.

I agree if you are a Sports fan especially a Dolphin fan then your heart broken right now. I personally feel like something has been taken away from me. :'(