Clubplanet Nightlife Community

American Idol Fantasia Barrino

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

I know that A.I is over until next season and that we've already talked about this all before but I had a chance to meet Fantasia Barrino yesterday and I have to say that she's a really-really nice person. After talking with her I'm glad I gave her my vote.

She is staying at the Hotel that I bartend at and it was funny because me and my co workers always play games with one another and when we see someone that looks like a celebrity we tell other people we work with that we saw so-and-so walk by as a joke.

Yesterday during work (Saturday 7/24) my co-worker pointed to a girl and said "Look that's the girl that won American Idol" and I looked at her and said "No it ain't, it just looks like her".

Well a moment later, me and Fantasia made eye contact and I smiled at her and when she smiled back I realized it was really her... And I said "Hey I voted for you!" She said, "Really? Thanks..." I told her that she made me cry when she sang "Summertime" from Finding Nemo and she was said "Awwwww"

But anyways after small talking with her for a few minutes I really got the impression that she genuinely appreciated that she got my vote (even though I know thousands of people have probably also told her that) and she treated me as if my vote was the deciding vote to put her over the top.

Just wanted to tell you guys my story since we shared our thoughts about AI on a thread in Junkie Chat.......

Stick with your personality..Ms. Barrino!!!!!!

Guest lyrik

I once met Christian from road rules (some season?) in the subway off washington across from Crobar...I was so wasted I told him I remembered him from Real World....I dont think he liked that too much.

Guest swirlundergrounder

lucky sob im the resident die hard american idol nut along with carisa........

I was having a hard day at work and she just brightened my day. Just the way that she carried herself, it seems as if she hasn't gotten all caught up in the whole being 'famous thing'. She had an entourage of photogaphers and press people with her following her around and she was just in the swimming pool kicking it and signing autographs for people and laying out in the sun. I think the girl is going to go pretty far especially with her down to earth personality.

Her passion for music really shinned on A.I but it even shines more when you complement her on her talent. You can tell that she struggled hard for a long time to get to the point she's gotten to..Truly inspiring. Makes me want to work even harder on my endeavors....