Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boston. So many sirens.

The place is filled with sirens and helicopters. Too much security...too loud...too annoying...

Have you guys seen the "free speech zone" they set up for protestors? Kinda funny... It's basically a cage with high fences and barbed wire nowhere near the delegates...good work...

Guest web_norah

wait til the Republicans hit NY next week

thankfully i wont be in midtown during that time.

i'll see the protests from the comfort of my tv

I bet it won't be the same madness in RNC. Different scale, but people won't not go to work because of it. Talk about economic drain...terrorists 1-us 0...

It's rediculous here. They shut down two major highways and there are cops EVERYWHERE. Every street corner, no joke.

Guest web_norah

i know a lot of people who're inconvenienced here in NY because of the convention next week, let alone all the madness and hype of the extra security paid for, etc.

Guest LeVeL

I can only imagine how much hysteria there must be in that city. The people in Boston are not used t all this security overthere it must be very uncomfortable for the poeple who commute that area around the Fleet Center.

it must be very uncomfortable for the poeple who commute that area around the Fleet Center.

i.e. everyone

It's not uncomfortable, that's the point. People are just not coming to work! Whatever, it's the summer, probably not that big of a deal, but still, it's a bit funny that these people show up and the town shuts down...!

Guest web_norah

well considering that two of the 9/11 attacks stemmed out of Boston Logan airport and WTC ...then the Pentagon, i see the security being an issue....and to me, it is somewhat uncomfortable..

but i'll live :)