Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dade county school kids issued...

Students at four Dade County public schools will get bullet proof vests this year in a pilot program with far-reaching implications.

BY STEVE HARRISON

sharrison@herald.com

Within a few months, 4,500 Dade students -- some as young as 9 -- will be on the front lines of a technological revolution in the county's classrooms.

Each student in the pilot project will be issued an bullet proof vest.

The School Board has spent $5 million from its capital budget for the vests-- the first step toward putting a vests in the hands of so many moving targets in grades 3 to 12.

Guest LeVeL

did you guys ever see the ghetto sat's?

the questions were like:

if juan has 2.5 pounds of coke and his buddy hector wanted to buy 3.6 grams, how much coke would juan have left after he sold 3.6 grams to hector then got robbed for 25ounces on his way home?

LOL.... Saleen where do you get this shit......lol

Guest endymion

Sarah and I were just at a friend's business after a meeting a few minutes ago. I won't identify the business because I'm sure he wouldn't want it named in this posting, but it's downtown at the edge of the design district.

We're sitting there waiting for something and we see this lady walking down the street. Down the center line of a street in a two-lane commercial area. Completely butt naked. Not a stitch on her.

So after her there is a procession of three or four police cars, it looked like a parade. This crazy junkie flailing her arms and wiggling and prancing naked down the road and a bunch of police cruisers rolling along behind her like it's the OJ Simpson chase or something. Maybe 20 or 30 bystanders watching the whole thing. I was waiting for somebody to start throwing Mardi Gras beads.

They ended up restraining her in the middle of the street. I counted seven police cars swarmed around her, with her in the middle of the road handcuffed, legs bound because she was flailing around resisting arrest. I don't know if they were waiting for medics to come and Baker Act her or what, we took off.

Real live junkies man. Miami could really use fewer of those and more junkies of cool.