Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
V. Barbarino

Who else thinks Maddens and NCAA suck!

Guest JMT

dont agree, madded is the greatest sports series ever.

year in and year out its the most complete. gameplay is unparalleled. there may be one game that tops it in one single category, like graphics or number of team options, but the total package of madden always puts in on top. its the benchmark sports game.

Guest swirlundergrounder

They both come out this or next week, but I still say fever or 5k is much much better. The problem is there is too many football games unlike years past.

Is that ESFN NFL any good that's out now?

Guest JMT

No way the NFL 2k series are the s#*t....

thats like comparing Frazier (NFL 2k) to Ali (Madden)

sure, smoking joe won the first "superfight", but who is the greatest of all time?

it is the standard, but it doesn't mean it's the best.

Fever was much much better last year and the 5k game looks hot. Guyman said he liked the espn the best.

madden = ova rated

plus fever had much better graphics and controls.

Guest trancelator

I love the NCAA game. However, I have become disenchanted with the Madden game in past years. The graphics are second to none but when you play the computer, a LOT of bullshit happens. For instance, I'll have CB's just stand there while the WR runs a post pattern all by himself and takes it to the house. And that's not at the end of games either! WTF?

I spoke to a programmer for the NCAA game a few weeks ago and he said that that EA had heard complaints about the computer's play in Madden and that they were fixing it. I'm hoping for better things this year.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Which ever one of all these has the most plays is the best one... So ESPN is worth getting? It's only $19.99

ESPN NFL 2K5 (Sega)

Sega's NFL franchise has always garnered superlative reviews but still managed to be outsold by EA Sports' Madden series almost 10 to 1. Well, this year, the folks at Sega and ESPN have decided to shake things up, with a goal-line stand at the 20--$20 price point that is. It's a bold move, but it should help even the score because 2K5 is arguably the best-looking football title ever made. Beyond the graphics, there are a few improvements to the passing and running games, and the franchise mode is pumped up, with greater control over player signings and a new team-preparation feature. The "crib" is back with more materialistic goodies to unlock, as well as the love-it-or-hate-it first-person perspective. Throw in online play and updatable rosters, and it all adds up to some serious bang for your buck