Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where'd Seb go?

Guest timoconnell

Guest timoconnell

I noticed that Seb Fontaine in no longer on the BBC Radio 1 jock roster. It seems that he's been replaced by Annie Mac. Anybody know the details of the roster change?

Guest LeVeL

I dont know why that shake up happened but its a horrible move. This Annie Mac is going to mix in elements from House, Hip Hop and R&B. So I wanna see how her show is going to be. But it looks like Seb is definetely out of Radio One. he probably has bigger projects in the works but you never know.

Guest timoconnell

I agree. A mixed show will be interesting but the response to it will be even more interesting. It seems to me that Radio 1 Dance is trying to draw a larger, more diverse crowd. Pete Tong has been playing hip hop lately, last week's essential mix was breaks, Annie Mac's show will have a bit of everything. The lines seem to be blending over there. It could be a tactic to bring dance/house music to those who may not know dance/house music. If someone tunes into Annie Mac's show for hip hop, they might hear some house they like and give it a shot. Anyway, Seb is probably off to bigger and better things.