Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who bought "The Drink" ?

Guest Akiraboy

Guest Akiraboy

Dennis Rodman's old club looks like its under new ownership.

Its gettin some fresh paint & lotsa peeps rollin in and outta there @ all hours.

Does any1 know who bought it or what's next for that place???

Guest ChicagoJunkieJP

The Drink will now be Nuevo Latino, an upscale mexican restaraunt scheduled to open late September '04.

I know everyone has been waiting for a new club to open, sorry to dissapoint.

Jay P

Guest Akiraboy

Will it be on the level of Nacional 27 ? Maybe a Salsa/Merengue dance area in the evening? If so ;D

Guest ChicagoJunkieJP

you got it. it will be smaller though. remember the large main dance floor in back? that won't be part of it, I hear that is some fish market warehouse thing now. but that is just a rumor. the restaraunt will only be in the front room. this is all just a rumor though, about how much of the building will be this restaraunt

Guest Akiraboy

I miss the Old Drink, I remember being on that balcony over the dance floor & seein someone lettin go a big 'jar' of beer(they used to serve beer in big jars WTF???) & it hit the floor luckily- it didn't hit any1 in the melon :o I dropped a cigar from there once OMG...I jus left. I didn't saty to inspect the damage. Glad I stopped smokin and actin like

such a sh!+ H3ad :-\ I was such a kiddie back then...

I hope that restaurant is pimp, btw I need to learn the 123's of Salsa, any recommendations? I was 1 + 2 steppin last time @ Nacional & I was tryin to be low key but I want some Rico Suave dance steps soon ,thx.

Guest ChicagoJunkieJP

possibly the summer dance at millenium park. I know each week they have free dance lessons to different styles of music, check out the listings.

Guest Akiraboy

Joe you need lotsa margaritas b4 you can try da salsa, HMMM

margaritas, I wanna goto Panchos (thx Joe) >:(

this friday sux already :'(