Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Advice??

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Okay...seeing that i have never gone through anything like this and am scared to death that my life here and all the hard things i have worked for will be destroyed in the next 4 days lol..just wanted to know where you think is the safest place.

I live in Miami Beach (North Bay Village) so i have to evacuate....

I have friends in sunset place (Kendall) that offered me a place to stay. Do you think that is safe?

Am i better off just hopping in my car and driving west?

Dont forget i have my puppy so everything i even more of an issue as far as where i go.

Good luck everyone and be safe..thanks for any advice in advance and thank you to all the great people that i have met on here that have been so nice and ocncerned :)

Guest lyrik

Sunset place is right on US 1 so I dont know how that affects the evac orders. As long as you have everything set up I would suggest calling hotels that are a bit in inland or staying with someone away from US 1...if you pm me a fax number I can send you list of hotels that are pet friendly...its a pretty big list and I dont exactly know where its located online....I got mine from work.

Be cautions as tho it might not seem like 95 is busy down here in Miami, if u do go for the drive either on 95 past say west palm/daytona beach the roads r gonna be packed...also 75 past fort myers major traffic jam alerts, just read the herald.com bout it...so watch out for that.

I believe there's an Evacuation alert right now for everyone East of US-1, esp A1A...im also on an Evacuation zone because i live about 8 blocks north of a big creek, flood zone.

Herald.com says that hotels west of broward and dade have been ringging nonstop, most w/ no vacancies. Be ready to call a few of them.

My roommate just put all our patio furniture inside of the house, bbq grill, chairs, tables, my living room is packed w/ stuff. We went to 2 home depot and they were sold out of plywood so we could put on our windowns.

Just trying to give a few words of cautions to everyone, hope everyone will be safe. God bless you all, esp the ones w/ families in Miami(like myself).

D

any junkies out there who might not have too many friends outside the island and would prefer to be in a home instead of a shelter.... my home is open we can accomodate a few more people, I live with my brother in cocoplum in the gables and we are accomodating a few friends... if you like to come to my home you are welcome.... just send me a private message and we will return to you promptly.... we have lots of supplies so water and food is not a concern but if you have a small fridge you are welcome to bring it.....we will have power after the storm ...anyways everybody out there be safe ....this is what we have to endure once in a while to live in paradise.........