Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LA clubs. What's hot...what's not?

Guest JulianJunkie

Guest JulianJunkie

Dude... looks like what you want is the "burner" scene. They are way into the tribal groove and they have events all the time. Check out one of our writers who is a prominent DJ in the burner scene -- DJ Wolfie. He's got a site up at http://www.djolfie.com

enjoy

Guest tb303

I checked out the "burner's" website and saw what you suggested-thanks, by the way. It looks like a wild party I wouldn't mind attending and I can guarantee I would have some fun there. Sander Kleinenberg, Steve Lawler, Ivano Bellini, Danny Tenaglia, Deep Dish are examples of kick-ass, dance-all-night, upbeat, deep, tribal house djs that can rock the house. You bring this kind of superb music into a cool venue and you will see what a party really is. I'm still hopefull I'll find where the party is at here in LA.

Guest JulianJunkie

TB303...you should put your AIM or something up so that I can let you know about Godskitchen's special promotions. In a very short time we will be offering guest list arrangements through the site in the same way as Miami... but til then I can let you know about what they've got going on.

Guest tb303

I added my msn info as you suggested. I really appreciate you keeping me posted. I checked out Godskitchen's site and they have put together a great sequence of events. I will definetely be attending their parties in the near future. How's their new venue?

Guest Ms_MiLkY_WaY

Anyone heard of Club Suave in Carson. Club Suave is located in the heart of the South Bay area. This 21+ venue has a crowd of exotic and sexy party people from Jamaica to Japan who all want to have a good time.I have never seen such a variety of sexy ladies from all different backgrounds from European to Brazilian, to Hawiian to Indian to Puerto rican!!!Club Suave has a flat admission rate of $10 all night and a fairly loose dresscode.The club provides a live dj to get your party on to with 375 people.Plus this place has $3 beers,$6 shots,$4 for imports(i.e, Heineken and Guiness), and $3 for Smirnoff.So come get tipsy at a cheap rate with great atomsphere and crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chief rocka

As for what's not...

Orion in Downtown - could've been nice with the whole NY warehouse feel but just didn't happen

Qtopia on Hollywood Blvd - a waste of space at the moment

Florentine Gardens - if any place needs remodeling and a major revamping, it's this place!

add to that, stock exchange.....

Guest bcnjunkie

round 8am or when people get too mashed to dance... in the house ones' date=' it's usually 8 as well, but they leave cuz it's time to get beezaay

[/quote']

Interesting, I wonder if the chicks over there are as hot as thes ones in Miami. This shit is outta control over here.

dude the chicks in LA clubs are pretty rocking !!!!

Guest bcnjunkie

I'm glad to hear LA has some happening afterhours, the last time I went clubbing in LA and had an awesome time was in 89 or 90 (can't remember exactly) and I think we went to Florentine Gardens and then Vertigo in downtown (which was crazy !!!)... after that (many years later) I went to Q's and Diva and the Gate or gates I think it's called.. then Giant and some cheesy afterhours on vine (but not afterhour power) but honestly I didn't find them up to par..... It was awwwright. Then again the good parties in LA are kind of hard to find. I went to a a party once in LA for New Years at Olympic Stadium and police showed up in riot gear and shot rubber bullets and what not.... what a mess !!!! it was thousands of people

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wire1

Any of you guys been to Monroe's? That place is hot!

I've been to Monroe's recently, and it does make for a good night out, but I don't know if I would have put it at the top of the list. Maybe it was hotter when the post was first started. As for my pick for a hot club that hasn't been mentioned, I'll go with Prey or Shelter.

LA definitely has gorgeous women, and it's been my experience that the definition of hotness can change with the type of scene/club you want to go to. There is definitely something for everyone in LA though.

Guest JulianJunkie

Shelter is indeed quite good. The acoustics need a little work, but I like the way they remodeled it and the way it's laid out.