Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The funkiest bar in town

Guest JulianJunkie

Guest JulianJunkie

It's this weird Asian-decorated spot within walking distance of the Mayan. Totally a dive exept that the quality of the spot is all there. Whenever I go in, I never know what to expect. It could be a bunch of edgy and fun business people who just got off work, or a group of artists. Whatever happens, the vibe is always good.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JulianJunkie

One that isn't so funky as just convenient and pleasant is the Cat & Fiddle on Sunset. Big patio and you can get Black Velvet (Guiness & Strongbow) there too ;)

Guest JulianJunkie

alright... here's funky --> Rainbow bar & grill on Sunset. Is that place funky or what??? Now i don't mean Chicago house funky, I mean strangely-fun-and-quirky funky. It's been a rocker hang-out for years and they've got some of the best pizza you can find. Drinks are really well priced too.

And if you sit there long enough you'll end up meeting some of the coolest head-banger rockers you ever saw on MTV growing up.

Wanna hear about Woodstock, or Alice Cooper in the golden days, or what it was like to be a roadie for Metallica, or weird stories about the Sunset strip fifteen years ago? Head over to the Rainbow. You won't be disappointed.

Now that is funky.

Guest JB2unique

Little Joy's on Sunset Blvd in Echo Park. A diverse hole in the wall kinda bar that rocks and has a dirtyfilthy grunge feel. Mostly local musicans and artistes types mixed in with neighborhood locals.