Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Middle School Teacher In Trouble Over Presidential Photo?

Guest obby

Guest obby

By Ken Rosato

(Monmouth Junction-WABC, October 3, 2004) - You might say it is a symbol of the Great American Divide, a teacher putting up a picture of President Bush in the classroom. Some say it is partisanship while others say it is patriotism.

Rita Bianco, Parent: "Children should know their president and their first lady!"

Parents expressing outrage after a teacher is kicked out of her public school for hanging a picture of President Bush next to pictures of other presidents in her classroom.

Shiba Pillai-Diaz, Teacher: "It happened on a small bulletin board near the American flag and also with a poster of the Declaration of Independence."

This is Crossroads South Middle School in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey. On Thursday, there was a back-to-school night for parents of students. Veteran English teacher Shiba Pillai-Diaz says she was shocked when three parents confronted her. The three, insisting the teacher either add John Kerry's photo to the montage of presidents or remove the Bush photo. When Pillai-Diaz refused, she says the school's vice-principal threatened her job which is an act that has parents here fuming.

Paula Sjolund, Parent: "She didn't do anything wrong, and I think that it should have stayed up there."

Pillai-Diaz ultimately removed the entire bulletin board and says School Principal Jim Warfel told her she disrupted the school with her "inflammatory politics". She says he then ordered her out of the building. While she says she is a Bush supporter in her personal life, Pillai-Diaz says she keeps politics out of the classroom.

Shiba Pillai-Diaz, Teacher: "There was no political intent, nor was there any political content in that photograph nor on the bulletin board."

School officials would not talk on camera but insist nobody here has been fired. To that, Ms. Pillai-Diaz asks what does it mean then when your boss asks you to hand over the keys and kicks you out of the building? She also says she is not sure if she'll be returning to school tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------

How tolerant? He's the fucking president of the fucking united states of fucking America for fucking crying out fucking loud!!!!

Wut da' fuck man? People who allow this crap to go on should be dropped w/ a rabbit (sucker) punch on the spot!!!! No questions asked! Especially the parents who claimed it was unfair to display the current and former presidents of the united states...Kerry is not president,,,Bush is! JEEEEZ!............

Bush has libz GOIN' CRAZY! This is INSANE!!!!!

EXCUSE THE PROFANITY, BUT I'M TRYING TO MAKE A POINT.....If it were me and I were about to get fired/threatened for such non-sense,,,,I don't think I could not have allowed that person/s to finish their sentence before I just punched them straight in the mouth as hard as I could. I'm a very, very passive person, but this is just insane,,,,,,,This bullshit would merit a knockout blow to the teeth,,,IN MY HUMBLE OPINION....

Guest cutchemist
How tolerant? He's the fucking president of the fucking united states of fucking America for fucking crying out fucking loud!!!!

amen

Guest saintjohn
He's the fucking president of the fucking united states of fucking America for fucking crying out fucking loud!!!!

Wut da' fuck man?

(boondocksaint)

it certainly shows the diversity of the word.

(/boondocksaint)

If the pic was included for educational purposed then thats fine. I think the solution is to take it down till after the elections, then put it back up regardless if bush or kerry wins. If kerry wins, both pics go up, if kerry looses bush's pic goes back up..

however maybe the parents should worry about their kids grades rather then a picture of the president.

Guest bcnjunkie
Parents expressing outrage after a teacher is kicked out of her public school for hanging a picture of President Bush next to pictures of other presidents in her classroom.

??? Now if she put a picture of the pope I would have a problem ;D