Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest obby

L.A.'s Conservative Liberty Film Festival Sells Out Screenings; 'Celsius 41.11

Guest obby

L.A.'s Conservative Liberty Film Festival Sells Out Screenings; Opens Friday With 'In The Face of Evil' and 'Celsius 41.11'

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Sept. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- LA's first conservative film festival, the Liberty Film Festival, is already selling out as audiences respond enthusiastically to the festival's groundbreaking slate of new conservative films. The West Coast Premiere of Larry Elder's film "Michael and Me" is totally sold out, as are all full passes to the festival. The festival opens this Friday, October 1st with Writer/Director Stephen Bannon's controversial "In the Face of Evil: Reagan's War in Word and Deed" and © Oscar-nominated writer Lionel Chetwynd's, "Celsius 41.11." The festival will be held Oct. 1st - 3rd at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood.

"In the Face of Evil," having its West Coast Premiere at the festival, looks at Reagan's victory over Communism within the context of mankind's continual fight against evil -- including the current war against Islamic Fascism. "Celsius 41.11," which also has its West Coast Premiere at the festival, is Lionel Chetwynd's response to allegations made by Michael Moore in "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Other hot festival screenings among the 20 films being shown include "WMD: The Murderous Reign of Saddam Hussein" (World Premiere) by Kurdish/Iraqi director Jano Rosebiani, the edgy, black-and-white suspense thriller "Terminal Island" (by Jason Apuzzo and Govindini Murty; World Premiere), and Mike Wilson's widely anticipated "Michael Moore Hates America."

The panel discussion "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again," on Sunday October 3rd, will examine whether or not there is a new Hollywood blacklist against conservatives. Panelists include producer-director David Zucker ("Phone Booth," "Scary Movie 3"), talk show host Michael Medved, producer Doug Urbanski, ("The Contender"), actress Morgan Brittany ("Dallas"), Andrew Breitbart of The Drudge Report, producer Dan Gifford (©Oscar nominated "Waco: Rules of Engagement"), and columnist James Hirsen of the best-selling "Tales From the Left Coast."

On Saturday Oct. 2nd the festival will host a Ronald Reagan Tribute, featuring a screening of Reagan's World War II classic, "Desperate Journey." The festival closes with a screening of Cecil B. DeMille's religious drama and Cold War parable, "The Ten Commandments," introduced with a special lecture by Michael Medved.

Moviegoers can still buy individual tickets online at http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/.

CONTACT: Jason Apuzzo or Govindini Murty, Festival Co-Directors, both ofLiberty Film Festival, +1-310-832-6269, [email protected]

Web site: http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/

Guest web_norah

Michael Moore's films were everywhere but this is the first time i ever saw anything about this film ...

Guest obby

i didnt see it on print and newspapers.

Maybe you where caught up with something else !!!!!!

;D

Guest web_norah

i didnt see it on print and newspapers.

Maybe you where caught up with something else !!!!!!

;D

maybe i read other paper/mags and just not the Miami Herald....

Guest obby

Maybe !!!!!!

but maybe it's all a conspiracy too. Come on, lets start one. They are a dime a dozen...why not ??????