Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the

bottom for the result.

Scenario:

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met this guy whom she did

not know. She thought this guy was amazing, so much her dream guy she

believed him to be just that! She fell in love with him right there, but

never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days later she

killed her sister.

Question: What is her motive in killing her sister?

(Give this some thought before you answer)

Answer:

She was hoping that the guy would appear at the funeral again.

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a

test by a famous American Psychologist used to test if one has the same

mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in the test

and answered the question correctly. If you didn't answer the question

correctly, good for you. If you got the answer correct,

please let don't let us know.

Guest endymion

I went back and re-read that and yeah I guess if you had just zero respect for human life then it would seem obvious to you why she would kill the sister. It didn't occur to me at all that she would do it to turn him up again, even with the last two sentences structured as an obvious problem/solution relationship:

"... but never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister."

Hmph. Interesting.

Guest LdySphynx

I went back and re-read that and yeah I guess if you had just zero respect for human life then it would seem obvious to you why she would kill the sister. It didn't occur to me at all that she would do it to turn him up again, even with the last two sentences structured as an obvious problem/solution relationship:

"... but never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister."

Hmph. Interesting.

You liked it didn't you Tech :P!!!

Guest endymion

I love your little tidbits, bring 'em on.

So did you get why she killed the sister right away, or after you read the explanation?

Guest LdySphynx

I love your little tidbits, bring 'em on.

So did you get why she killed the sister right away, or after you read the explanation?

I'll just leave that up to your imagination...maybe I did, maybe I didn't.

Guest cutchemist

i thought the guy was her sister's boyfriend or something...and that being the reason she didn't get the guys phone number...so i thought she offed the competition

Guest endymion

Cutie that means you're not a psycho. If you have to construct an elaborate scenario to somehow justify why she resented her sister and the killing was somehow with cause, then you're not a psycho.

Somebody who has no respect at all for human life is the only kind of person who would see that situation so plainly and simply. Sister is a useful pawn for getting guy to show up again, sister's life matters less than guy showing up, sister gets offed. Psycho.

I'm a little worried about Ms Sphynx now. Stay away from my sister okay?

Guest Clarisa

I want to know who is that famous psychologist that did the study.

Of course most of the time when given a specific scenerio one will answer accordingly to that scenerio.

Guest endymion

Human brains are pattern recognizers. When you are given a scenario and told to interpret it, you try to find the simplest possible explanation.

To a normal person, you have to have some reason to dislike the sister to kill her, so you start constructing side scenarios where sister is a rival for the guy or hogs resources rudely or something.

The simplest possible explanation to a psycho is: sister's death could be useful, no reason not to.

Guest cutchemist

Cutie that means you're not a psycho. If you have to construct an elaborate scenario to somehow justify why she resented her sister and the killing was somehow with cause, then you're not a psycho.

Somebody who has no respect at all for human life is the only kind of person who would see that situation so plainly and simply. Sister is a useful pawn for getting guy to show up again, sister's life matters less than guy showing up, sister gets offed. Psycho.

Oh...i get it...well thank god...never dabbeled in the social or psychological sciences much....physical is much more cut and dry ;)

Guest endymion

Oh...i get it...well thank god...never dabbeled in the social or psychological sciences much....physical is much more cut and dry ;)

My dad is a PhD head shrinker. I grew up learning about his thing and thinking that the whole field is just way too inexact. Computers either work or they don't, they don't become psychotic. I have enough friends with mental problems that I don't want to deal with figuring out peoples' head games when I'm at work too.

Guest LdySphynx

LMAO, hey hey hey...I said I would leave it up to your imagination, but thats a hell of an imagination that you there then Tech. ;)

But I never said that's what I thought, I actually never figured anything out I looked at the answer before I answered, now there don't you feel bad for thinking i'm a Insane in the Membrane :P.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I answered the question correctly :o. but it was just simple deduction based upon the information which was given. How else was she going to contact the man ever again?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Mental note. "People who can't date my sister" Swirlundegrounder and Ms Sphynx...

I'm already taken...We're all crazy here in this house!!!!!! :o :o :o :o