Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can you guys imagine...

Guest LdySphynx

Guest LdySphynx

If we had a chat room on this site, OMG I think alot of people would get fired, lol!!!

It is an interesting idea though... ;D

Guest endymion

I have basically been waiting for somebody to ask.

All in favor pipe up. I have software picked out and we can get Nick on doing a layout for it.

Guest trancepriest

A chat room may kill the dynamism of the mesage board. A chat room for live broadcasted events is cool though.

Guest Cosmigonon

A chat room may kill the dynamism of the mesage board. A chat room for live broadcasted events is cool though.

Chat rooms are boring. :P

Guest endymion

I'm a little afraid that a chat room would shift our forums from cool people who get bored at work toward nerds who spend all day on web sites instead of going out and doing things.

But while we're on the subject and all...

How about a display on the screens at an event with a phone number published on it that people could send text messages into from their moblie phones? Like TRL or something.

I'm imagining doing this at some event with some crowd that would be prone to sending more interesting messages than the expected:

"HEY DJ CAN YOU PLAY SOME HIP HOP??"

"PLAY FREE BIRD!!"

Guest web_norah

no chat room. thats for perverts and psychos. boards are for posting and i think they serve a good purpose but the last thing i want to do is chat to a bunch of randoms.

I'm a little afraid that a chat room would shift our forums from cool people who get bored at work toward nerds who spend all day on web sites instead of going out and doing things.

But while we're on the subject and all...

How about a display on the screens at an event with a phone number published on it that people could send text messages into from their moblie phones? Like TRL or something.

I'm imagining doing this at some event with some crowd that would be prone to sending more interesting messages than the expected:

"HEY DJ CAN YOU PLAY SOME HIP HOP??"

"PLAY FREE BIRD!!"

PLAY ME SOME SKYNARD!

(good idea tech)

no chat room. thats for perverts and psychos. boards are for posting and i think they serve a good purpose but the last thing i want to do is chat to a bunch of randoms.

Wait a second. You mean this message board isn't for perverts and psychos?

Damn.

Guest pod

I would say enable it and see what happens. No Java shit though. ;D

Frankly, during daylight hours I have no time to deal with a realtime chat.

I think a messageboard suits the working populace better. Maybe having the chat for special purposes only would work.

That being said, anyone I really feel like talking to can IM me.

Guest endymion

I just don't like the idea of encouraging people to sit in front of CJ all day long. We're theoretically supposed to be a site for active people who only need to check the site like once a day to navigate nightlife. I'm a nerd who has to be tied to the site all day long but I don't want to encourage that.

Guest pod

Yeah, kinda like how A3 says "You shouldn't be watching A3 TV" ...

I post during the day when stuff that takes time is running (a 500 MB scan takes some time....) and also to moderate the usual misfits, get yelled at for being a fascist, and other such things.

Guest LdySphynx

I just don't like the idea of encouraging people to sit in front of CJ all day long.

Guess what Tech, you already do...even if it is unintentionally ;)!!!

Guest LdySphynx

Oh please, I bet you anything that all those that are saying NO...would be the first ones in there chatting their little butts off ::).

Guest Cosmigonon

Oh please, I bet you anything that all those that are saying NO...would be the first ones in there chatting their little butts off ::).

Well, I for one don't like to chat anymore; is just plain boring, unless i wanto to ask something very specific to somebody, otherwise I couldn't be bothered... ::)

Guest endymion

That's just my cover story. I'm actually against it because it would become a giant productivity black hole for me. Personally. I already spend too much time reading the chat forum.

Guest pod

It'd be a productivitiy hole for us all.

I would suggest using the IM services' various methods of establishing rooms if everyone is hard up to do so.