Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vice Presidential Debate

Guest trancepriest

I've always said, in fairness to both political parties, that the President does not have the power that people think he (or she....Hillary 2008??) has. When a President "lies" to its people, its not so much that they are lying or misleading as much as it is they themselves were lied to or misled. They're only one person in something that is larger then they are. You'll always have those that think Clinton started conflicts in Africa and Bosnia to keep attention off his Monica problems. There will always be those that think Bush went to war in Iraq to make his rich oil buddies happy. All that stuff is bullet-pointed rhetoric and does not truly give any of them a fair shake. Did Bush LIE about WMD in Iraq? Not really. George Tenet of the CIA said he had proof Saddam had nukes, so what's the guy to do after 3000 of your countrymen were evaporated. George Tenet was hired by Clinton, so he's not exactly in bed with Bush. Ultimately, in the end, it IS the President who must be held accountable for what people under him screwed up....absolutely.

people arent that smart buddy.

thats why high school dropouts hold placards saying things like "Bush Lyed"

well........he DID lye.

Guest DJ MartyR

Cheney won hands down...it was an absolute slaughter. I scored the debate with my college debate team captain and we both came to the same conclusion, I watched it again without scoring objectively and still felt the same way...the speech in Wiles Barre the next day was the best speech yet by Bush to.

Guest slamminshaun

Let us not forget also, that alot of the reason the "undecided" voters went for Edwards in some of the polls you've seen, was because they had already seen polls on the Internet that shaped their opinion. Of the people in some of these polls, only 75% had actually seen the debate, but 100% had formed an opinion of who had won. How can this be? Democrats always use "poll pushing" around elections as a psychological tool based on the theory that those who are undecided about something will shape an opinion based on what they believe the majority thinks.