Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WPB actually booking talent??

Guest slamminshaun

Guest ddg

looks like release is really doing a great job these days

8)

i feel a couple of friday-delux saturday-release combos coming up in the future......im already getting nervous... :P

Guest JMT

8)

i feel a couple of friday-delux saturday-release combos coming up in the future......im already getting nervous... :P

jeez. yep, its looking inevitable with that lineup.

Guest trancelator

8)

Oh God help us! :P

Guest slamminshaun

Well, Sandra Collins isn't earth-shattering talent, but its a good headliner to have after you've just had Ralph Falcon and Edgar V on back to back Saturdays. Collins has a following, and I predict the show will do fairly well, regardless of technical ability. My only question is, now that WPB is getting with the program, when the hell is my hometown of Stuart/Port St. Lucie going to???? The only talent we get up here is some guy named DJ Eat Some Chicken Fingers. I'm telling you, there's a gold mine waiting to be struck up here for anybody with the money to get it started.

Guest tres-b

Well, Sandra Collins isn't earth-shattering talent, but its a good headliner to have after you've just had Ralph Falcon and Edgar V on back to back Saturdays. Collins has a following, and I predict the show will do fairly well, regardless of technical ability. My only question is, now that WPB is getting with the program, when the hell is my hometown of Stuart/Port St. Lucie going to???? The only talent we get up here is some guy named DJ Eat Some Chicken Fingers. I'm telling you, there's a gold mine waiting to be struck up here for anybody with the money to get it started.

Look on the bright side, WPB is less than an hour away and Miami isnt too much further. You could be stuck in Ocala or Belle Glade. Why dont you mine the gold? Start a weekly and cash in!

Guest slamminshaun

I'd mine the gold myself, but I can't even afford to make a toll free call. Shit, I even tried to use my credit card to buy a stick of gum at the gas station, but it was declined. I'd hold a weekly up here, but the only place I can think of to do it is the Knights of Columbus Banquet Hall. You're right, thank God WPB is only 45 min away, especially with Release doing it up in October.

I'd mine the gold myself, but I can't even afford to make a toll free call. Shit, I even tried to use my credit card to buy a stick of gum at the gas station, but it was declined. I'd hold a weekly up here, but the only place I can think of to do it is the Knights of Columbus Banquet Hall. You're right, thank God WPB is only 45 min away, especially with Release doing it up in October.

Come on...dont tell me Wahoos isnt bringing in any talent?! LOL!

Guest JMT
The only talent we get up here is some guy named DJ Eat Some Chicken Fingers.

it think he opened for DJ Joe Bag-O-Donuts once

Guest jgruvs

i dont see the point on the topic of this thread ..

im sure WPB already has good talent there ..

WPB has some really good house DJ's with awesome talent, but we don't get a chance cuz all the club owners, except Release, are all about Hip Hop. They all fight for the same people and are scared to take a chance....... West Palm Beach has gone down hill over the past couple years who's gonna step up and try something new ??????

Guest slamminshaun

Agreed. I had the privelege of playing alongside Oscar Zayas, Brian Shack, Carl Lee, Steve Ko, and Carlos Caneja between Bliss and Liquid back in its hay-day. 4 out of the 5 were really good in my book. I saw Steve in the front room of Resort a few months back. Last I knew, Oscar was playing hip-hop at Vivid. Brian and Carl are still running OnBeat Music, but i don't think they have a residency. Last time I saw Carlos, was at Delux about six or seven months ago. I'd be curious to know what these guys are up to.

Guest jgruvs

Agreed. I had the privelege of playing alongside Oscar Zayas, Brian Shack, Carl Lee, Steve Ko, and Carlos Caneja between Bliss and Liquid back in its hay-day. 4 out of the 5 were really good in my book. I saw Steve in the front room of Resort a few months back. Last I knew, Oscar was playing hip-hop at Vivid. Brian and Carl are still running OnBeat Music, but i don't think they have a residency. Last time I saw Carlos, was at Delux about six or seven months ago. I'd be curious to know what these guys are up to.

Brian and I started playing Friday nights at Release and hope they give us the chance to build this night........ you have named some of the TOP TALENT from WPB who have been around for a long time, before the days of matt spector i might add, who get no RESPECT.......... a few of us are gonna try to change this , but we will need help and support.......

Guest JMT

they get no respect bc of the town. sucks, but hip hop dominates wpb and its disgusting, clematis would be so good if the crowds were better.

im with you man, hope we can change all that.

Guest slamminshaun

Brian and I started playing Friday nights at Release and hope they give us the chance to build this night........ you have named some of the TOP TALENT from WPB who have been around for a long time, before the days of matt spector i might add, who get no RESPECT.......... a few of us are gonna try to change this , but we will need help and support.......

Good luck...glad to hear Brian's at Release. I'm sure Brian can tell you some good stories about me..... ;D

Guest slamminshaun

Yeah, really. Maybe they'll let this old cow-town jock get in on the action with all his old friends. Mooooooo!!

Guest tekkiller

Resort SUCKS!!!! Their door people are worse than the ones at Release and its freakin WPB!!!!! >:(

WPB hasn't earned the right to be "red roping" at the door.

but hell if they are booking talent i will venture back up there again. but why go there when miami is soooo close?