Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rock the Vote

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Rock the Vote, made famous by MTV, claims to be a non-profit and non-partisan organization who's mission is to simply register as many voters as they can. Go through their website and let's see if any of you can figure out the truth. www.rockthevote.com

Groups that claim to be non-partisan, need to tell the truth about their claim. Rock the Vote is not interested in how many voters they register as much as they are interested in what party they register them for. Anyone agree? Disagree? Intelligently prove your point.

Guest endymion

Rock The Vote is after the youth vote. The youth vote typically slants liberal. No big mystery. They support conservative youth voters too as long as they just vote.

Guest cutchemist

the only vote i ever cast was for Jessy Ventura...it matters what the elect. college votes not the general public...except for in FL where the college votes for what the public votes which is why the dade county thing was such a big deal....

[move] ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)[/move]

you all are so wrapped up in all this like u can do a thing about what is actually going on....on and btw....everyone is lieing to us...were the ignorant masses :P

Guest slamminshaun

Rock The Vote is after the youth vote. The youth vote typically slants liberal. No big mystery. They support conservative youth voters too as long as they just vote.

I have a hard time believing that, when they try to imply that the draft is coming unless they vote. The people running the show at Rock the Vote understand that younger voters are typically more uninformed, and vote based on what is fashionable. Being liberal is considered more fashionable, no question. Fashion is set by entertainers and musicians (and the news media these days), which overwhelmingly lean liberal. I mean, are we supposed to believe that P. Diddy's "Vote or Die" campaign is out there supporting conservatives as much as liberals? Not anymore then Rock the Vote is. Their articles related to the draft defend the Democrats that proposed the bill, thus implying that it would be a Republican administration that will allow them to be drafted, which is dead wrong. I went to a concert in August, and the girl sitting at the Rock the Vote table outside the venue was wearing a Kerry/Edwards pin on her shirt. It is incontestable that Rock the Vote is an in-the-closet liberal organization, disguised to mislead younger voters for the sole purpose of electing liberals.

Guest JMT

the only vote i ever cast was for Jessy Ventura...it matters what the elect. college votes not the general public...except for in FL where the college votes for what the public votes which is why the dade county thing was such a big deal....

[move] ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)[/move]

you all are so wrapped up in all this like u can do a thing about what is actually going on....on and btw....everyone is lieing to us...were the ignorant masses :P

jesse the body was great

Guest slamminshaun

jesse the body was great

Jesse was governor. Now Arnold. I think Carl Weathers should be the next Predator star to jump into state politics. Since Giuliani isn't in the game anymore, we'll have to find a different Italian Stallion for Apollo Creed to go up against.

Guest web_norah

attitudes like yours is what i dont get. if you dont vote, you cant complain about anything and if you seriously think that by choosing to ignore everything because "everyone lies" and "we're the ignorant masses".....then you're living in a bubble.

Guest cutchemist

attitudes like yours is what i dont get.

yes i know....that's the same way i feel when i read all ur posts about this stuff....

u tell me does the public vote nominate the pesident or not?

all of this stuff u watch on tv...is it really a part of ur life ???...it might as well be a soap opera....oh wait....it is just a big budgeted soap opera :-\

Guest cutchemist

i care and i think it is sad you dont.

continue to live in fantasy land. ignorance is bliss

i always thought u were an alright chick and got pissed when i watched asses bash u....but did u just call me ignorant... ???

answer the question....does the publice vote nominate the president or not?

fantasy land is what u see on tv....it's just a box...its not part of ur life...

Guest web_norah

if you feel that voting makes no difference whatsoever, then what do expect me to say?

and though the rules of the game ie. "how the president gets to be elected", is the part that you dislike, then what can i possibly tell you? i didnt make the rules. in this country, the voting system is messed up to some degree but just because we dont like "how it is", that doesnt justify NOT voting. think about it.

Guest slamminshaun

Well actually the public's vote does determine the election, but not in the national sense. Think of each general election as 50 separate elections. Each of those 50 elections have a predetermined statistical weight toward the general election. In order to earn each of those weights, you have to win the popular vote of each state. All it would have taken was 219 people to have changed their mind and voted for Gore instead of Bush in 2000 in Florida, and the entire election results would have been different.

Guest slamminshaun

Actually, I think the system created by the founding fathers was extremely intelligent. It prevents candidates from being elected when only 15 states support them. Without the electoral college, this is absolutely possible. Al Gore only won 18 out of 50 states in 2000. To take it one step further, George W. Bush won 2,436 counties vs. Gore's 676 counties. Although we don't elect presidents based on county support, it lends us an idea of how much of the country represents how much of the vote and prevents politicians from catering to small geographical region's special interests.

Guest cutchemist
All it would have taken was 219 people to have changed their mind and voted for Gore instead of Bush in 2000 in Florida, and the entire election results would have been different.

Fl is different in other states in that way...in FL my vote does make a differnce...but up here it's not the same...I do recognize u and nor have a point...i should vote either way...it doesn't give me a right to blow it off...not voting for the president or anyone else...it just feels so pointless to me...like buying a jacket cuz it says Prada instead of buying a home

Actually, I think the system created by the founding fathers was extremely intelligent. It prevents candidates from being elected when only 15 states support them. Without the electoral college, this is absolutely possible. Al Gore only won 18 out of 50 states in 2000. To take it one step further, George W. Bush won 2,436 counties vs. Gore's 676 counties. Although we don't elect presidents based on county support, it lends us an idea of how much of the country represents how much of the vote and prevents politicians from catering to small geographical region's special interests.

exactly...if it was just popular vote...the cand. can focus on the states with the biggest populations and the states that dont have that much population lose their "say" in what is what...

Guest cutchemist

exactly...if it was just popular vote...the cand. can focus on the states with the biggest populations and the states that dont have that much population lose their "say" in what is what...

yes...i'm extremely aware of how it all works...congress vs senate...balancing between space and population...i didn't say that it SHOULD be just public vote...but why does FL get to be different...if it was 219 votes in anyother state it wouldn't have mattered...

WHY CAN'T WE ALL BE LIKE FL... :P;) 8)

and i don't expect u to say nething nora...just please don't call me ignorant :-*

Guest slamminshaun

Well, not to be a smart ass, but New Mexico was won by Gore by only a few hundred votes as well. So, had those 200 or so people changed their mind about him, all that would have done was extend Bush's electoral count further.

Guest cutchemist

Well, not to be a smart ass, but New Mexico was won by Gore by only a few hundred votes as well. So, had those 200 or so people changed their mind about him, all that would have done was extend Bush's electoral count further.

i knew by putting "any other state" i was gonna get in trouble...i knew FL wasn't the only one but i couldn't remember the other exceptions....smart ass ;)...j/k

Guest saintjohn

the last time i checked, florida was a "winner take all" electoral state, just like every other state except maine and nebraska.