Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Predictions for tonights debate

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Ok, CJ's. Note the time I posted this as this is hours before the presidential debate. Here are my predictions for tonights debate. After the debate, go to www.msn.com, who will have a "mock poll" on who won the debate. It will allow you to vote for which candidate you thought won. Vote honestly, then note the results up to that point. I'm going out on a limb here, but I venture to say that Kerry will have about 70-75% of the vote. Later, I'll repost either admitting I'm an idiot or explaining my proven point.

Guest slamminshaun

As of 10:34pm at www.msnbc.msn.com the Internet poll shows John Kerry with a 76%-24% victory!! Either I have the most amazing prediction abilities, or it was fixed from the beginning. Beware "poll pushing" by liberal news outlets that try to shape undecided voter's opinions of the candidates. I'd be curious to see who does not agree that news outlets such as NBC try to shape elections rather then report them.

Guest saintjohn

before the debates, i got this email:

So, help spin for John Kerry . . . Vote in Online Polls!

National and local news organizations will be conducting online polls during and after the debate asking for readers' opinions. Look for online polls at these news websites, and make sure to vote in every one of them:

* CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/

* CNN: http://www.cnn.com/

* Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/

* MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

. . . plus a dozen other sites. there's nothing wrong with showing some enthusiasm for a certain candidate, but it does illustrate the true nature (and value) of online "polling."

Guest slamminshaun

It's early, but.....Predictions for Wed nights debate? The same thing as above and I'll be proven right again!! I predict also, that NBC will purposely blur Bush's side of each split-screen shot and keep Kerry's side as sharp, bright, and colorful as possible just like they did last time.....

Guest klit

My prediction tons of morons will vote without watching the debates or really paying attention to them just to swing the polls their way to influence the undecided.

Guest DJ MartyR

There's two plasma screen TVs at my gig Wed. night so hopefully that will draw some more heads in for the deep house groovin' later on.

Guest pod

Spin for the Libertarian movement. Fuck Kerry. Fuck Bush.

It is odd, that you all go out, party like it is 1999 and then you go off and vote for Dem-o-craps or Re-crap-licans.

If Bush or Kerry is in charge, we're all fucked either way. Mark my words, before the decade is out, there's gonna be a huge change in this country. Better make sure you can reload quickly.

Guest pod

That's the bad thing, people see the "third" guy as a spoiler at best. What, should Nader not have run at all? Or should we just limit ourselves to bad and worse come November 2nd?

Guest nickjunkie

Spin for the Libertarian movement. Fuck Kerry. Fuck Bush.

It is odd, that you all go out, party like it is 1999 and then you go off and vote for Dem-o-craps or Re-crap-licans.

If Bush or Kerry is in charge, we're all fucked either way. Mark my words, before the decade is out, there's gonna be a huge change in this country. Better make sure you can reload quickly.

I worry about you. When the time comes for you to flip out please spare me. Thanks.

Guest endymion

Dan, let's say that the country is divided between smart people and complete idiots, and there are about 60% smart people, 40% idiots. Three guys run in an open system. Two are smart guys, one is an obivious idiot. Smart guys are similar in appeal so each gets about half of the smart vote, 30% of the total vote. The idiot gets 100% of his demographic and 40% of the overall vote and wins. This is not a better system.

Solution to this problem is for people united behind a goal to pick one candidate in order to make their votes more efficient.