Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Snoop Dogg feat. Pharell...

Guest web_norah

i liked them as Neptunes (not Farrell)...and when they were collaborating with Kelis....

but back to the original question Farrell? no thanks, not this song

Guest lyrik

Can't stand the chorus on this track - my friend Sean has this on his phone as one of the ring tones - irratates me. Still like Pharell though and the loop is simple and just enough.

Nothing wrong with Lean Back either....AND since when is hip-hop a topic we can discuss on CJ without people getting all out of hand and saying how its the demise of the modern musical world....times changing or have they not got to this thread yet?

Guest web_norah

i like hip hop but the hip hop of back in the 90's and late 80's when it was more R&B hip hop not this thugging shit with diamond necklaces...

but this song hasnt got one ounce of innovative, sounds the same shit like everyone else is doing.....

i'll take the Black Eyed Peas or even some Outkast but again everything else sounds the same to me.

Guest LeVeL

i like hip hop but the hip hop of back in the 90's and late 80's when it was more R&B hip hop not this thugging shit with diamond necklaces...

but this song hasnt got one ounce of innovative, sounds the same shit like everyone else is doing.....

i'll take the Black Eyed Peas or even some Outkast but again everything else sounds the same to me.

Your telling me that you dont like any Lil Jon, Lil Scrappy, Lil Romeo, Lil Wayne, Lil Flip, Lil Zane, Lil Boo...... :P

Guest lyrik

I don't know I think there is some great music being made by Kayne West, Mos Def, Roots, Jurrasic 5, DJ Spooky etc ...you just have to ignore the cheesey crap.

Guest trancelator

I like rap and hip hop but like Lyrik said, you have to ignore the cheesy crap. To me, Roots, Black Eyed Peas and Outkast are awesome. They have talent and flava.

I don't see why people shouldn't like hip hop. Back in the day, metalheads and rap fans were divided. That was so dumb b/c Anthrax and Public Enemy collaborated as well as Biohazard and Onyx ("Slam" was the shit back then!). What will people do when P. Diddy and Morillo come out with their collaborations? Hating other genres is just silly to me.

Guest durrtylexx

but this song hasnt got one ounce of innovative' date=' sounds the same shit like everyone else is doing.....

[/quote']

Your telling me that you dont like any Lil Jon, Lil Scrappy, Lil Romeo, Lil Wayne, Lil Flip, Lil Zane, Lil Boo...... :P

bro thats CRAP, I can't listen to any of those artists

all of that krunk music is horrible..its like listening to Ian Van Dahl and calling it real trance..

Guest durrtylexx

werd

"Drop it Like its Hot"

Have you guys heard this track? So simple yet so hot!!!!

(yeah, I know its hip hop...who cares?!)

I'm with ya C. That track is definitely a banger since his last banger (Down for my niggas). About time. And Pharrel problably #2 in the game behind Timbaland in making beats that work...although Kanye West is giving everyone a run for their money.

No, I don't like hip hop. ;)

I'm a narrow minded dance music head ultimately recognizing that Dance music is the only true music ever invented. :-X

Guest Cosmigonon

I like rap and hip hop but like Lyrik said, you have to ignore the cheesy crap. To me, Roots, Black Eyed Peas and Outkast are awesome. They have talent and flava.

I don't see why people shouldn't like hip hop. Back in the day, metalheads and rap fans were divided. That was so dumb b/c Anthrax and Public Enemy collaborated as well as Biohazard and Onyx ("Slam" was the shit back then!). What will people do when P. Diddy and Morillo come out with their collaborations? Hating other genres is just silly to me.

Well, I used to be a metal head, but I never liked Rap. I mean, I dislike country, but if all of a sudden Iron Maiden made a colaboration with Garth Brooks, it doesn't mean I'm supposed to like it. it's not hate just because of the genre, it's just a matter of musical taste. I liked the sound of the guitars, but i really don't find anything appealing about a person rapping, it just doesn't sound appealing to my ears.

Guest trancelator

Well, I used to be a metal head, but I never liked Rap. I mean, I dislike country, but if all of a sudden Iron Maiden made a colaboration with Garth Brooks, it doesn't mean I'm supposed to like it. it's not hate just because of the genre, it's just a matter of musical taste. I liked the sound of the guitars, but i really don't find anything appealing about a person rapping, it just doesn't sound appealing to my ears.

I get your point, Josh. But what I'm trying to say is if something is good and a person likes it, they can't discredit it because they dislike the genre. For instance, I was a big metalhead as well back when I was younger. However, I never would admit I liked anything hip hop, pop or anything else. Back then, everything other than metal was the enemy to me. Now I've grown up (not saying others haven't) and I won't make that mistake again.