Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Failure of Bush Iraq "plan" hands WMD components to terrorists

Guest endymion

Guest obby

The security vacuum created by our invasion has led to the theft of a bunch of dual-use nuclear equipment, including enriched uranium. The "yellow cake" uranium is the same stuff that Bush accused Saddam of trying to buy through Nigeria, as a justification for invading Iraq.

I don't need to comment much on this one do I? Think about this the next time you see Bush grin and tell the cameras that America is safer now after the invasion.

It was (false) yellow cake uranium suspicions that supposedly justified our invasion, but securing the nuclear material that we really truly knew to be present at monitored locations in Iraq was a lower priority than securing oil fields, pipelines, and lucrative long-term contracts for American business interests.

Justifications For Invading Iraq

1) WMD, "imminent threat"

2) al Qaeda, "hard evidence"

3) financial gain

::)

Guest slamminshaun

Roll your eyes all you like, what is justification number four?

So Bush's new timber company fat-cat buddies could get in there and reap the benefits of the reconstruction as payback for the $84 he received in 2000. Best Bushism to date: "Anyone need wood?"

A little humor... :P

Guest slamminshaun

Roll your eyes all you like, what is justification number four?

Anybody need wood ???

In the second debate, John Kerry said George Bush is considered a small business owner because he received eighty-four dollars from a timber company he owned. Bush said "that's news to me, I own a timber company?" Followed by some laughter, he paused, then said "Anyone need wood?" and the place erupted with more laughter.

Guest endymion

So there is no justification number four. One and two are out, three is all that's left.

Why We Killed All Of Those People

1) WMD, "imminent threat"

2) al Qaeda, "hard evidence"

3) financial gain

Guest endymion

Evidence? That American companies are making billions in Iraq? You really need me to prove that?

Justifications number one and two have been pretty fully shot down at this point, not by wacko conspiracy theorists. Number three is all that's left.

Guest JMT

Evidence? That American companies are making billions in Iraq? You really need me to prove that?

Justifications number one and two have been pretty fully shot down at this point, not by wacko conspiracy theorists. Number three is all that's left.

i work for a restoration company that literally makes millions off of natural disasters, this year has been a juggernaut.

i guess my company should be accused of "meteorological fraud" or something by benefitting from the 4 hurricanes.

we also went to europe for VWs.

we went to vietnam for rice

and the cold war for vodka...

Guest slamminshaun

Unless you cause the hurricanes too you're operating ethically.

Funny you mention that......I live in Port St. Lucie, ground-zero of Hurricane Frances and Jeanne. I actually heard a jerk on the radio in Jeanne's aftermath (94.3 WZZR--Love Doctors) blaming Bush for the hurricanes. He said he has satellites that steer the 'canes, and since he didn't want people in Florida watching the news and supporting Kerry, he steered them here to knock everyone's power out. Also, this way, he can send federal money to his brother, Jeb, and further fatten the pockets of his rich friends all the while gaining suport for Floridians because he'd get his picture in the paper passing out water and ice. Whew....I thought Oliver Stone had some good ones....I thought you'd all enjoy this for its humor.

Guest JMT

bush invaded iraq bc he hates saddam.

halliburton just happens to be the top recon company in the US.

im yet to see proof of any "financial gain". i dont buy, "bc he is their buddy..."

ill buy bush hated saddam.

Guest obby

Unless you cause the hurricanes too you're operating ethically.

Funny you mention that......I live in Port St. Lucie, ground-zero of Hurricane Frances and Jeanne. I actually heard a jerk on the radio in Jeanne's aftermath (94.3 WZZR--Love Doctors) blaming Bush for the hurricanes. He said he has satellites that steer the 'canes, and since he didn't want people in Florida watching the news and supporting Kerry, he steered them here to knock everyone's power out. Also, this way, he can send federal money to his brother, Jeb, and further fatten the pockets of his rich friends all the while gaining suport for Floridians because he'd get his picture in the paper passing out water and ice. Whew....I thought Oliver Stone had some good ones....I thought you'd all enjoy this for its humor.

You're not the only one who heard that. Hence my smart ass comments:

"it's bush's fault"

"blame Bush....it's easier than thinking"

"Global warming? It's Bush's fault!"

Guest endymion

Halliburton is just one of many large, well-connected American private contracting firms who benefit from Iraq. Iraqi companies aren't benefitting from Iraq like they thought they would, Halliburton and other companies are winning no-bid contracts instead.

Whether Dick Cheney gets literal a million dollar check in his "Thank You" card from Halliburton is not the issue is it? A gang of rich and well-connected American companies used creative lobbying to get a country invaded so that they could make a bunch of money. I understand that you're trying to deflect, but asking for "proof" that American companies are getting rich off of invading Iraq is obvious rhetoric.

So then:

Why We Invaded Iraq

1] WMD, "imminent threat"

2] al Qaeda, "hard evidence"

3] financial gain

4] Bush had something personal against Saddam

I'll buy number four also, the accounts that I have read of the preparation for the invasion like Woodward's seem to hint that Bush just kind of decided one day that Saddam had gone too far and had to go.

Effects Of Invading Iraq

1] increased numbers of Islamist fundamentalist terrorists, with increased motivation

2] Iraq in chaos, may now descend into Shiite fundamentalist theocracy like Iran

3] No WMD before, but now dual-use nuclear equipment that we were monitoring has fallen into the hands of terrorists and can now become nuclear WMD

4] We are $135,000,000,000 poorer

5] Over a thousand of our finest are dead

6] Tens of thousands of Iraqis are dead

7] The US has lost all credibility in the world community

8] A small cadre of American civilian contracting companies with direct ties to the Bush Administration are much, much richer

9] perhaps most importantly, the pain of September 11, 2001 has been twisted into the above eight effects

Guest JMT

oh so we are just being subjective and making points with no facts?

well then...

there is a WMD cache with nukes buried under the iraqi desert.

bush also invaded iraq bc he heard saddam liked britney spears (he actually had pics of her)

saddam was paying billions to the UN and Euro leaders as bribes.

Guest endymion

oh so we are just being subjective and making points with no facts?

I back each of the above points with evidence around here on a daily basis and I'm happy to discuss any of them that you like.