Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is ur Favorite Independent Film???

Guest LdySphynx

Guest LdySphynx

Mine is The Perez Family

It stars: Marisa Tomei, Alfred Molina, Anjelica Huston, Chazz Palminteri, Trini Alvarado

Director: Mira Nair

The story is awesome: Recently released after 20 years in a Cuban prison, Juan Raul Perez is on his way to Miami to join his wife when he encounters beautiful young Dorita Perez, a prostitute longing for the freedom of life in America. When the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) see the same last name, and mistakenly sign the two up as a married couple Juan and Dottie play-along with the error becuase the INS gives priority to families.

When Juan's real wife Carmela determines that her husband never made it to the US, she yields to the advances of a charismatic cop. Both Carmella and Juan, now believeing they have been abandoned by the other, attempt to create a new life in America.

Guest LdySphynx

pulp fiction

or

glengary glenn ross

Well Pulp Fiction is a Classic, I seem to forget was it considered an Independent Film???

Guest web_norah

Independence Day.

uhm thats a Hollywood funded film with big dollar movie actors -hardly an independent film.........

my fav independent films are City of God (foreign) and Bowling for Columbine (American).

Guest Cosmigonon

??? i hope so......a blockbuster turned independent doesnt sound right

Norah, you being so funny and everything, how come you didn't get my joke :P?

Guest web_norah

KIDS was way more f** up....but was a very well done film. i wonder whatever happened to that kid actor with the buck teeth, Terry i think was his film name.....his acting was pretty good.

Guest JMT

KIDS was way more f** up....but was a very well done film. i wonder whatever happened to that kid actor with the buck teeth, Terry i think was his film name.....his acting was pretty good.

dude, Kids actually HAD a semi-plot device and some kind of story to tell. Gummo had nothing but f-ed up people doing random f-ed up things for no reason. for me it wasnt even close in the "WTF?" contest.

the best part of this movie was when i tricked some college friends into watching it by telling them it was a "must see." their reaction was priceless.

Guest ddg

kids was great (in a f'ked up way)

heard "terry" hung himself and is no longer with us

wasnt "bully" supposed to be like kids part 2 or something