Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DEBATE WOW !!!!!!!

Guest obby

Guest obby

Kerry has just sunken to the lowest part of my pathetic poll.

He lets out the fakest vibe and I personaly see right through him. Thank God there are voting records that are free to the public !!!!!!!

Pathetic !!!!!!!!

Reminds me of that song by Naked Eye - "Promises Promises"

Guest LeVeL

Yeah I agree with you there Obby, Bush seems to be ripping a hole right thru him....in my eyes Bush is winning right now by a long shot.

Guest obby

I have no kids neither do I plan on having any time soon but I will tell you what. When I do have them I sure hope we have a President that has the same thrive that Bush has towards our educational system.

WITH KNOWLEDGE COMES POWER !!!!!!!!!

Cheneys daughter comment - Pathetic !!!!!!!!!!

Guest klit

I can't believe how many republicans there are on CJ

It's great isn't it 8)

Bush was great tonight in the debate and did his best so far in all 3 of the debates. Kerry was also good but I thought it was the weakest of his debates.

Guest endymion

OH MY GOSH. I was working during the debate so I'm just seeing it now. Watching Bush stumble through saying something intelligent about health care costs was HILARIOUS!! Holy crap that was the BEST! Did that make the Daily Show? I haven't had a chance for that yet.

Guest JMT

too bad kerry looked like shit the better part of it.... he had no defense for his senate record. personality seemed to be in short order as well. and nice move by mentioning Mary Cheney directly.

Guest endymion

Bush: "an achievement gap". Wow, so that's what was wrong, an "achievement gap"?

Yes it's true it's late at night but I literally busted out laughing.

An "achievement gap". With a straight face. Caught me completely off guard.

Guest JMT

i think the fact that people refuse to see issues from both sides, or at least respectfully acknowledge what they might agree with creates increased negative reactions.

Guest slamminshaun

Bush was the obvious victor last night. Interesting isn't it? He failed in the foreign affairs debate which was supposed to be his strong point, and he was off the chain in the domestic debate which was supposed to be his weak point. Middle debate by most standards, was a draw.

Guest endymion

Guys, it doesn't matter at all if you agree with what you hear coming out of George W Bush's mouth or not. If you agreed with his "compassionate conservative" line in the 2000 campaign then great, but the compassionate conservative ideals that he was preaching then have had NOTHING to do with how he has run his administration. So what's the point of agreeing or not agreeing with him if he's just saying whatever he has to say to get elected?

I really can't believe that nobody is considering that as a major factor this year, the fact that he campaigned on a centrist ideology and then just completely shifted to the far right once he was safely in office. Somebody explain to me why anything that he's saying during this campaign should have any weight at all at this point?

Guest slamminshaun

Bush has grown the goverment more then Clinton did. I fail to see how that is a far right conservative ideal. I admit, he throws money at problems the same way conservatives used to complain about liberals doing. Throwing money at the problem isn't the answer, its how you spend it and the results you get. This is where I differ from Mr. Bush....

Guest JMT

HA HA HA have you seen John Kerry's track record? talk about saying anything to get elected.

this is exactly what i was talking about earlier.

Guest endymion

So JMT, you're voting for a president who campaigns on a moderate, centrist, "compassionate conservative" platform but in reality pushes a far-right agenda? I can still have respect for a cat who gets caught in any trap once, but a cat that gets caught in the same trap twice is pretty stupid.

Do you:

1) Not see that he was deceptive by campaigning as a compassionate conservative and ten shifting to the far right immediately, or

2) do you just not care?

Guest JMT

as opposed to a far left liberal who poses as "moderate"?

i dunno lets see, rattle off some examples of "far right" policies Bush has sucessfully implemented.

Guest obby

On issue after issue, he showed Americans that he shares their values and priorities. He revealed just how far out of the mainstream Kerry's record lies on abortion, gay marriage, immigration, taxes, health care and fiscal discipline.

John Kerry showed how far he's willing to go to deceive the American people about this record when he said "I've actually passed 56 individual bills that I've personally written." The fact is that he has only been the lead sponsor of 5 bills and 4 resolutions that have become law.

The most revealing moments:

Kerry believes education is unrelated to the economy - this is a fundamental misunderstanding of how individuals achieve the American Dream. President Bush believes that no child should be left behind when it comes to the quality of education she or he can get. A good education is the foundation for opportunity, prosperity and success.

On immigration, John Kerry said, "we need an earned legalization program for people who have been here a long time." This amnesty proposal stands in contrast to the President's temporary worker program. President Bush revealed John Kerry's tendency to confuse a litany of complaints with a plan. John Kerry demonstrated that he didn't have a plan and he resorted to foreign policy attacks, because he does not have an agenda for America.

God bless America, Our troops and Goerge W. Bush !!!!!!!!

Guest endymion

NEA endorses Kerry for president

Teachers union, nation’s largest, targets 15 swing states

The Associated Press

Updated: 4:32 p.m. ET July 5, 2004

WASHINGTON - The National Education Association, the nation’s largest union, endorsed Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts for president Monday, the final touch in its campaign to drive up school spending and reshape the biggest education law in decades.

HERE ARE MY IDEAS FOR SAVING THIS COUNTRY

1. pay teachers more. a lot more. competitive with doctors. if teachers make more, it'll create competition for the jobs. that means only the best teachers will become teachers. we'll also have happier teachers. happier teachers will be happy to inspire young minds. we need smarter people in this country.

2. give EVERYONE free health care. i don't know why this is such a difficult concept to grasp. heathy people work harder and more often. if i was an employer, i'd want my employees to be in tip-top shape so they can make me more money.

3. stop allowing the outsourcing of american jobs. president bush stated after 9/11 that we all were going to have to make sacrifices. my best example is america online. AMERICA online. why is AMERICA online sending it's jobs to india & pakistan? don't you think that a company with "america" in its name do SOMETHING for this country??? it makes me freakin sick, and there are dozens, if not hundreds of other american organizations doing the same. how about mr. ceo and coo and cfo take a reasonable pay cut so that they could do something REAL for their country.

4. invest wholeheartedly in alternative energy sources. this entire world is in drastic need of the next industrial revolution, and this is it. i'm tired of oil. and we need to get off it FASTER THAN "as soon as possible." we have wind, geothermic, nuclear, and of course, solar, which is truly the only renewable resource. hello! we have the technology to harness the sun's energy, we need to invest in the advancement of that technology. every single structure in america should have it's roof covered in solar panels.

there's a wonderful side effect to this point as well...we'll get out of all of those middle eastern countries that we pretend to like. then the freaks in those countries won't hate us so much and want to kill us. we're not going to kill them all, the only way for the war on terror to end is for them to not hate us anymore. if we don't need their oil, we won't be there anymore (except for some military bases, etc spread throughout the area, but i think that isn't our greatest worry).

honestly i don't give two sh*ts who gets these things done, but the fact is that they need to be done. this country has to be repaired from within, and we need to finally step into the 21st century and revolutionize everything.

i'm ryan jorgensen, and i hope to have your vote on november 2nd.

;D