Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ipod question

Guest klit

Guest endymion

Yeah but even with the battery drain I just leave my T637 connected by Bluetoth 100% of the time. I sleep, I charge it.

So I just plugged in my guest's little pink iPod Mini. My iTunes pops up a message that says "Linda's iPod is linked to another iTunes music library. Do you want to change the link to this iTunes music library and replace all existing songs and playlists on this iPod with those from this library? yes/no"

I say 'no', and I end up with a read-only iPod attached. Apparently I need a utility to drop my playlists onto somebody elses' iPod.

Guest macboy

Okay, so I got the completely opposite results than you did, TJ. First, I loaded songs from my computer to both my ipod and my girl's mini. Then I took them to her brother's mac and connected them one at a time. Each time I could drag a playlist from his computer to each of our ipods with no problems. I have a 4G, my girl has a mini, and both computers are running Panther and auto-sync is turned off.

Guest endymion

Klit, you're right! Thank you!!!

We just plugged her mini back in and you're right, her iPod was set to auto-sync. My iPod is always set to manual and I didn't realize that the setting would follow the iPod instead of the iTunes. Just set it to manual update and dumped a bunch of playlists.

Okay so now I guess the kink in this is that if she sets her iPod back to automatic when she gets home, it will wipe the stuff that I put on it for her. Complicates things for people but oh well.

Guest klit

Klit, you're right! Thank you!!!

We just plugged her mini back in and you're right, her iPod was set to auto-sync. My iPod is always set to manual and I didn't realize that the setting would follow the iPod instead of the iTunes. Just set it to manual update and dumped a bunch of playlists.

Okay so now I guess the kink in this is that if she sets her iPod back to automatic when she gets home, it will wipe the stuff that I put on it for her. Complicates things for people but oh well.

No prob, but mostly macboy on this one for our prob. Anyways with every problem solved comes a new one so new question about the ipod.

I just got the itrip earlier today and have tried installing it to work in my car, but it seems like every damn frequency is taken and the ones that seem free when I start driving it does not sound clear. I would have done the bmw installation but it costs almost $400 with installation so instead just got the itrip for some $40 and so far gotten decent sound from it but need the best frequency if anybody knows for it. And I tried that site they give with the itrip and a lot of those stations on there don't give good signal.

Guest klit

Alright guys been using the i-trip for a bit and advice

DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are no damn blank radio stations in miami and the ones that seem blank really are taken just some areas they don't reach. From what I've read online it's a great product but not for miami/lauderdale/or dc.

Guest endymion

Hm interesting, thanks. I remember reading a comparison review between iTrip and a couple of other products and the review said that one of the other products broadcasted such a strong signal that you could blow out weaker signals, and it had finer frequency controls so you could more likely find a good frequency.

I'll see if I can find that or figure out which product that was and post it.

• 2 weeks later...