Clubplanet Nightlife Community

'Miami Vice' Movie Will Shoot In South Beach

Guest Kid Rasta

Guest Kid Rasta

Just to give y'all a heads-up...the movie version of the '80s NBC series will shoot in and around South Beach, in early-05.

Universal has cast Jamie Foxx as Tubbs, and Colin Farrell as Crockett...pending completion of deals to be worked out with each actor.....

So...peeps get ya 8" x 10" glossies ready!

Guest fairyDust

I kinda liked the show back then, but I'm not digging this movie idea too much...although it would be cool to see the 80's fashion, oh and the soundtrack too :D

Guest trancelator

I kinda liked the show back then, but I'm not digging this movie idea too much...although it would be cool to see the 80's fashion, oh and the soundtrack too :D

Roland played a remix of a Miami Vice song on the patio once (the intro music). He should do the soundtrack...lol. ;D

Guest LeVeL

This is not the greatest idea but lets see what comes out of it. I hope they dont do such a horrible job as they did in the Incredible Hulk Movie or SWAT . It seems every remake is not doing so good except for Charlie's Angels and Starsky and Hutch . By the way it seems like Jami Foxx is blowing up out of a sudden.

But it would be cool if they kept the Miami Vice Theme Song.

Guest siuol_leahcim

I have pretty high hopes for this for one reason: Michael Mann is writing, producing and directing.

that's all i needed to know :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest pod

A small part of me hopes for a reunion cast. Don and Philip are still young enought to pull it off. Don lives a hardy lifestyle in the Colorado Rockies, and Philip still lives down here and is healthy and looking for work no doubt.

Olmos is kinda crusty though...

Saundra Santiago could still do it too.

Musically, they'd have to have one instance where 'In the Air Tonight' is required. Preferably where Crockett is musing about some crap that happened the day before. (Sidebar: in 'Big Trouble' they use this track in a funny little bit...)

Smuggler's Blues anyone? Though Glenn Frey was a one-hit-wonder.

Oh, and Underworld (yes, that Underworld) lent their track 'Underneath the Radar' to the episode 'Hostile Takeover' (Ep 91) from 1988. Just found that out actually.