Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Check this out!

Guest pod

Guest pod

http://www.nbc6.net/news/3831937/detail.html

Robbery 'Victim' Fires Shots, Alleged Robber Flees

POSTED: 10:58 am EDT October 19, 2004

PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. -- Police say a suspected robber met his match when he chose a woman to rob in Pembroke Pines Monday.

Detectives say when the man tried to rob the woman she put up a struggle, and then fired three gunshots at him as he fled to a nearby neighborhood.

The woman also reportedly shot out one of the rear tires of the robber's stolen car.

Police do not know if the man was hit during the gunfire.

Anyone with information is urged to call CrimeStoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.

Guest pod

Gun control is hitting your target, Saleen.

I'm sure if someone was mugging you and your home, you'd be the first one letting loose on the bastard.

Not every gun owner is a crazed lunatic who can't shoot straight. Lots of people take courses in firearm safety and usage. I called up a local range the other day to take some courses and they are booked solid for quite awhile.

a baseball bat by your bedroom door and your front door is by far a more affective remedy..

people with kids have no business having a gun in the house, and people with guns have no legal right to shoot their victum outside thier home. if they guy was shot and was killed, she would go to jail for murder. plain and simple. ...

Guest pod

And that is why the law sucks. I think that she did right by opening up on this guy. Guess what, she's still alive to talk about it. He tried to rob her, he needs to be taught that it isn't wise to do that.

Saleen, I'm surprised....you of all people should be advocating the eradication of scumbags like this guy!

Civilized people understand reasonable discourse, predators like this guy only understand strength.

Unfortunately in this day and age, you are right, if she shot him, some stupid-ass court would convict her of murder or at least manslaughter, despite the fact that she's the victim.

Frankly I don't care where you are, if you break into my home and steal my posessions, I am going after you. The cops can kiss my ass. Whether I have a firearm or a chainsaw, you better drop my TV or you are going down.

Guest endymion

She shot out the tires in the guy's car as he was fleeing? Cops can't even shoot at a fleeing suspect, why should a citizen be able to? She shot up some second victim's car since it was stolen.

This is why cops get nervous about people carrying guns around, because they aren't trained to make good decisions under pressure like cops are.

She shot out the tires in the guy's car as he was fleeing? Cops can't even shoot at a fleeing suspect, why should a citizen be able to? She shot up some second victim's car since it was stolen.

This is why cops get nervous about people carrying guns around, because they aren't trained to make good decisions under pressure like cops are.

good point

Guest pod

Population control. Damn kid shouldn't be outside if shots are being fired. ;D

Yeah, firing at his car may have been a little excessive, but I'm not about to suggest that she be locked up for it. But I definitely support her opening up on the robber himself.

Whatever happened to "a man's home is his castle"? Well woman in this case, but still. 30 years ago, this wouldn't even be a controversy. The bastard broke into her house, she got pissed and opened fire. Case closed. Nowadays everyone is litigation happy and it is a big deal. Wouldn't surprise me if they classify it as a hate crime because the burglar appears to be black from the sketch.

Oh and "reportedly" shot out his tires, too. Things have a way of snowballing sometimes. I had 5 shots of Patròn on Sunday...ask my friend and he'll say "God, he must have had like ten!"

Guest klit

I side with pod on this one, guns are necessary depending on where you live. When you have a group of thugs come into your yard with guns and have no problem using them trust me a baseball bat is not what your looking for.

Guest endymion

As much as I think it's wrong to have untrained citizens running around shooting at fleeing suspects in broad daylight, if that were my wife then I would expect her to hit him. Not just open fire. She has enough training and practice to at least make that happen. I worry about things like stray bullets hitting kids but at that particular moment the number one priority is getting an aimed bullet headed for the chest of the guy attacking my wife.

So there you go I'm a hypocrite. I don't want to see other people with guns but I sure want one.

Guest pod

TJ makes a valid point. Training is the key. Get a gun, you should learn how to properly utilize it. Even if children were nearby, a good gun owner would not endanger them.

Guest JMT

same thing i was thinking. sounds like he was already fleeing as she fired away.

Guest slamminshaun

a baseball bat by your bedroom door and your front door is by far a more affective remedy..

people with kids have no business having a gun in the house, and people with guns have no legal right to shoot their victum outside thier home. if they guy was shot and was killed, she would go to jail for murder. plain and simple. ...

There's a million certfied lawyers that'll disagree with you. Plenty of people walk away everyday for self-defense.

Guest cutchemist

http://www.nbc6.net/news/3831937/detail.html

Robbery 'Victim' Fires Shots, Alleged Robber Flees

POSTED: 10:58 am EDT October 19, 2004

PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. -- Police say a suspected robber met his match when he chose a woman to rob in Pembroke Pines Monday.

Detectives say when the man tried to rob the woman she put up a struggle, and then fired three gunshots at him as he fled to a nearby neighborhood.

The woman also reportedly shot out one of the rear tires of the robber's stolen car.

Police do not know if the man was hit during the gunfire.

Anyone with information is urged to call CrimeStoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.

fcuk yea ;D

my ex "roomate" was a sherrif/C.O. in the jit prision she worked in she would jump up grab the top rails of a cell and take out 300 lb guys by sqeezing their temples between her knees ;D

Guest bcnjunkie

I don't know about you guys but there's somethig sexy about a chick that can kick some ass ! we did a party for the president of Uruguay and secret service was present, one of the agents was a chick (hot blonde chick, looked a bit like chemie actually on her avatar)... with the hair pulled back in her suit and her earpiece that she checked once in a while... very much like the movies... and you could tell she could kick some serious ass.... I have never seen so much attention from all the guys.....

Guest cutchemist

I don't know about you guys but there's somethig sexy about a chick that can kick some ass ! we did a party for the president of Uruguay and secret service was present, one of the agents was a chick (hot blonde chick, looked a bit like chemie actually on her avatar)... with the hair pulled back in her suit and her earpiece that she checked once in a while... very much like the movies... and you could tell she could kick some serious ass.... I have never seen so much attention from all the guys.....

:o

Guest LdySphynx

I kknow this thread is a little old, but I am doing some catching up.

Anyhow....

It has always been my understanding that if someone breaks into your home and you shoot that person while they are still on your property that it is considered (Self-Defense) and that you do not go to jail!!!

KeyWords (still on your property)

If you shoot the guy on the sidewalk outside of your home then you're in Deep Crapola.

If I am not mistaken this happened a while back in Coral Gables, where the owner of the house shot the Burglar in his Front Lawn...and the owner of the house was on the news telling the story and the Police we're finishing cleaning up behind him.

But I could be wrong, still I think it works this way!!!!

Guest pod

Back in the day it used to be that way. Nowadays a crafty lawyer can turn it around and make the victim of the burglary pay for defending his property. Which escalates the situation cause assholes like me are gonna make sure the burglar cannot tell the tale of the vengeful homeowner/tenant. Think chainsaws and shit.