Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Satellite Radio Wars Continue...

Guest trancelator

Guest trancelator

XM just got every baseball game starting next year. I guess the NBA will be next. The days of regular radio will slowly die.

Guest klit

I can't even watch a baseball game let alone listen to one. Sirius keeps getting things more along my preferences "howard stern and the nfl"

Guest guyman1966

With the exception of the Cubs, most baseball games are played at night. And most are weeknights. Also, most people want to listen/watch their home teams. Not some bullshit game.

The NFL works on Sirus because -

1. Fantasy football followers want to listen to many different games on the way to and from either attending an NFL game or the local sports bars w/ friends and not miss a second.

2. Its part of the Sirus package... no extra fee.

3. Football Sunday is once a week and it’s an event.

MLB on XM won't work because:

1. MLB has to many games that people don't care about (yes, the cubs fan that lives in LA will love it, but the are the exception not the rule)

2. Games start at around 7:30PM EST and most people are home and out of their cars by then. Forget about west coast games.

3. I was told there will be an extra fee (around $120 per season) (Matas does not agree that there is an extra fee). Why pay to hear games when you can pay to SEE them on a dish in your home?

Guest LeVeL

1. MLB has to many games that people don't care about (yes, the cubs fan that lives in LA will love it, but the are the exception not the rule)

2. Games start at around 7:30PM EST and most people are home and out of their cars by then. Forget about west coast games.

3. I was told there will be an extra fee (around $120 per season) (Matas does not agree that there is an extra fee). Why pay to hear games when you can pay to SEE them on a dish in your home?

I agree with you there too many games in Baseball I dont think it will work either.

Guest JMT

well, does anyone buy the NFL package on radio? why wouldnt baseball fans do the same?

just like the NFL ticket vs. MLB on satellite TV, sure its not going to be as big, but there will still be interest.

Guest endymion

Guyman, does your opinion change if they don't charge an additional fee, if they are just there available to you if you're a subscriber and you happen to be in your car during a game?

Guest guyman1966

Guyman, does your opinion change if they don't charge an additional fee, if they are just there available to you if you're a subscriber and you happen to be in your car during a game?

Well, after futher review, there is NO additional fee for MLB on XM. I still think its not as big a draw as the NFL, Stern or Opie (sp?). I guess for free its fine, but since they are already the larger service I doubt they will sign many new subscribers because of MLB. I don't buy the Loss Leader crap. However, I belive that Sirus will see many new subscribers becasue of these three programing moves. We will either see people have both in their cars or dump XM in favor of the better programs on Sirus.

I've had a chance to listen to XM now and I think the music stations are very, very similar to Sirus. No big difference to the average American listener.

Sirus had to make big moves and it did. Now XM is playing catch up and the MLB is an interesting move, but they have paid way to much for something they will show no money comming in.

Guest guyman1966

Pod - you can now get Satellite TV for your car.

I agree w/ you... Radio is not as good as TV. But as a kid it was not possible to watch all the hockey games.. I had to listen to bad AM radio.

Sometimes I'd even get a Cardnals game from St Louis on the dial. That was fun.

Guest JMT

i have no problem listening to a game if i cant watch it. the color man of your favorite team should always make it interesting for the fans.

With the exception of the Cubs, most baseball games are played at night. And most are weeknights. Also, most people want to listen/watch their home teams. Not some bullshit game.

1. Fantasy football followers want to listen to many different games on the way to and from either attending an NFL game or the local sports bars w/ friends and not miss a second.

ur intel is as wrong as Saleen's...btw did u forget those people that work at night or stay in late to work? also there people who moved from say Seattle to Miami...how can they watch or hear the Mariners? with the price is cost for MLB ticket on Direct TV...i think this is a good move...btw, Sirius is going bankrupt, once again, they are spending money that they dont have to get Stern...XM got that Oppie and Dingleberry guy, much smarter move.....ur just jealous cuz u chose wrong and got Sirius over XM, u pay more per month for less channels....LMAO...i thought Jews were good with money??? ha ha ha ha ha

Guest guyman1966

ur intel is as wrong as Saleen's...btw did u forget those people that work at night or stay in late to work? also there people who moved from say Seattle to Miami...how can they watch or hear the Mariners? with the price is cost for MLB ticket on Direct TV...i think this is a good move...btw, Sirius is going bankrupt, once again, they are spending money that they dont have to get Stern...XM got that Oppie and Dingleberry guy, much smarter move.....ur just jealous cuz u chose wrong and got Sirius over XM, u pay more per month for less channels....LMAO...i thought Jews were good with money??? ha ha ha ha ha

If you can't see that Sirus is on the move and the very contracts that they own make the company worth more money - they you are destined to live your live in Dade.

If you can't see that Sirus is on the move and the very contracts that they own make the company worth more money - they you are destined to live your live in Dade.

they are spending waaaay too much money and they arent signing enough new subscribers to cover what they are spending...and if ur too bling to see THAT then u should marry a girl named Crystal....

Guest guyman1966

they are spending waaaay too much money and they arent signing enough new subscribers to cover what they are spending...and if ur too bling to see THAT then u should marry a girl named Crystal....

Why don't you check out how much money they have in their back pockets... before you make wrong assumption. Also - it could be a business plan like Voom - build it at cost and sell for MILLIONS to a big company.

Matas - you are destined to a life of Ox Tail and women who are thin and hot when young, and fat and hairy when over 35. Life in Dade sucks.

Why don't you check out how much money they have in their back pockets... before you make wrong assumption. Also - it could be a business plan like Voom - build it at cost and sell for MILLIONS to a big company.

Guyman...Guyman...Guyman....how long did it take me to decide on XM or Sirius? i studied both companies...Sirius will never catch up to XM...their prices are too high, offer less channels and are spending way too much money, that they dont have...u bet on the wrong horse....

Guest guyman1966

Guyman...Guyman...Guyman....how long did it take me to decide on XM or Sirius? i studied both companies...Sirius will never catch up to XM...their prices are too high, offer less channels and are spending way too much money, that they dont have...u bet on the wrong horse....

Matas my lost Cuban brother - I have the NFL and sports that I desire, plus H O W A RD. I need nothting else on my car radio. Life is good. If you don't think that thousands of people will be running out to get sirus - especially people like Mrs. Guyman who is already asking for it becasue she wants to be ready for Howard.

Matas my lost Cuban brother - I have the NFL and sports that I desire, plus H O W A RD. I need nothting else on my car radio. Life is good. If you don't think that thousands of people will be running out to get sirus - especially people like Mrs. Guyman who is already asking for it becasue she wants to be ready for Howard.

right...whatever gets to sleep soundly at night.... ;)

Guest trancelator

I don't know what is more interesting, the war between XM and Sirius or the one b/w friends Matas and Guyman. ;D

I'll get Sirius when Howard comes on. Then I'll have the verdict on which is better. 8)

I don't know what is more interesting, the war between XM and Sirius or the one b/w friends Matas and Guyman. ;D

I'll get Sirius when Howard comes on. Then I'll have the verdict on which is better. 8)

depends bro...if ur young u want XM cuz their music kills Sirius...if ur old u get Sirius b/c of their sports and talk shows...pretty simple... :P

Guest guyman1966

depends bro...if ur young u want XM cuz their music kills Sirius...if ur old u get Sirius b/c of their sports and talk shows...pretty simple... :P

Matas is just so in love with me that he is hurt that I did not take his lead and follow him over to XM land. He hates it when I do things on my own.