Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Eminem Bashes Bush

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

First Michael Jackson gets hit, now Eminem's taking a potshot at President Bush.

"Mosh," a Bush-berating track off the rapper's upcoming Encore album, was all over the Internet Thursday after a leaked copy managed to make its way to file-sharing sites.

By late afternoon, the song was available through nearly 400 hosts on Morpheus.

Produced by Em's mentor, Dr. Dre, "Mosh" features some blistering lyrics, ripping the war in Iraq. "Let the President answer on higher anarchy/Strap him with an AK-47, let him go fight his own war/Let him impress daddy that way," Eminem raps, adding, "No more blood for oil."

The leaked track, first reported in Rolling Stone, is the latest political outburst by the never reticent rapper. In the Nov. 5 issue of the magazine, the Shady One says, "[President Bush]'s got our troops over there dying for no reason," says Eminem. "He jumped the gun, and he f---ed up so bad he doesn't know what to do right now."

The rapper says he has registered to vote for the first time but didn't go as far as endorsing a candidate. "Whatever my decision is, I would like to see Bush out of office," Eminem says. "I don't wanna see my little brother get drafted--he just turned eighteen. People think their votes don't count, but people need to get out and vote."

"Mosh" is the second track off Encore to be heard so far. The video for the lead single, "Just Lose It," was banned by BET in deference to Jackson, whom Eminem mocks in the clip.

As an incentive for fans to actually buy the CD instead of illegally downloading the album when it drops Nov. 16, Eminem has launched the Very Shady Xmas Contest. Fans who pay for the disc will be eligible for 400 prizes, ranging from Eminem-styled shows to Shady merchandise coupons to Sirius satellite radio equipment to a shot at working on the rapper's next video.

Speaking of Sirius, Eminem will kick off his new channel on the satellite radio service, Shade 45, next week with an exclusive, live broadcast of the Shady National Convention at New York's Roseland Ballroom. Eminem is slated to perform more cuts from Encore during the Oct. 28 event.

Meanwhile, there's word that the 32-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, is mourning the death of an uncle.

Todd Nelson, who helped raise an infant Eminem when his biological father abandoned the family, committed suicide at his home in Michigan on Tuesday, London's Daily Mirror reports.

The 42-year-old Nelson shot himself in the head while sitting in his car in his backyard. He had supposedly become depressed in recent days following an altercation with a sheriff involving a dog.

A rep at Eminem's label Interscope, Dennis Dennehy, declined to comment.

But the hip-hopster's grandmother, Betty Kreslin, told the Mirror, "I'm so heartbroken, I don't know if I can handle this as well. He'll be buried next to my Ronnie."

Nelson is the second member of Eminem's family to die by his own hand. The rap star's other uncle, Ronnie Mathers, killed himself last year after a bad break-up with his girlfriend.

"This news has hit Marshall hard. It will bring back all the memories of losing Ronnie," an unnamed "friend" of Eminem is quoted in the Mirror. "To lose two uncles at such a young age is terribly sad, especially as his father has never been around. The fact they both committed suicide is so tragic."

Eminem has reportedly agreed to pick up the tab for Nelson's funeral, though it's unknown whether the rapper will attend.

Guest tres-b

Nice. You really have some intelligent allies against the President.

When you look at the people who are against President Bush, it makes it very easy to see why the rest of us are with him.

Barbra Streisand: Completed high school

Career: Singing and acting

Cher: Dropped out of school in 9th grade.

Martin Sheen: Flunked exam to enter University of Dayton.

Career: Acting

Jessica Lange: Dropped out college mid-freshman year.

Alec Baldwin: Dropped out of George Washington U. after scandal

Julia Roberts: Completed high school

Sean Penn: Completed High school

Susan Sarandon: Degree in Drama from Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.

Ed Asner: Completed High school

George Clooney: Dropped out of University of Kentucky

Michael Moore: Dropped out first year University of Michigan.

Career: Movie Director

Sarah Jessica Parker: Completed High School

Jennifer Anniston: Completed High School

Mike Farrell: Completed High school

Janeane Garofelo: Dropped out of College.

Career: Stand up comedienne

Larry Hagman: Attended Bard College for one year.

Guest Seb

When you look at the people who are against President Bush, it makes it very easy to see why the rest of us are with him.

Susan Sarandon: Degree in Drama from Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.

Doesn't compare to all the redneck in-breeders that are backing Bush's camp.

Guest tres-b

Doesn't compare to all the redneck in-breeders that are backing Bush's camp.

If you think that makes up the majority of President Bush's supporters, you are sadly mistaken. You vote w/ Jesse Jackson and the lemurs who jump off the cliff with him. Ill cast my lot with President Bush.

Guest jona7

It doesn't matter if they completed grad school or not tres-b, they still got one thing in common; they make shitloads of money. To me Bush is an idiot....

Guest tres-b

So making money=ability to understand poitics???

HAHAHAHAHAHA

But if you want to measure it that way, the money these celebs make is pennies compared to what the two guys running for office are worth. Get a clue.

Nice turnout for Cher at Crobar.

First Michael Jackson gets hit, now Eminem's taking a potshot at President Bush.

"Mosh," a Bush-berating track off the rapper's upcoming Encore album, was all over the Internet Thursday after a leaked copy managed to make its way to file-sharing sites.

By late afternoon, the song was available through nearly 400 hosts on Morpheus.

Produced by Em's mentor, Dr. Dre, "Mosh" features some blistering lyrics, ripping the war in Iraq. "Let the President answer on higher anarchy/Strap him with an AK-47, let him go fight his own war/Let him impress daddy that way," Eminem raps, adding, "No more blood for oil."

The leaked track, first reported in Rolling Stone, is the latest political outburst by the never reticent rapper. In the Nov. 5 issue of the magazine, the Shady One says, "[President Bush]'s got our troops over there dying for no reason," says Eminem. "He jumped the gun, and he f---ed up so bad he doesn't know what to do right now."

The rapper says he has registered to vote for the first time but didn't go as far as endorsing a candidate. "Whatever my decision is, I would like to see Bush out of office," Eminem says. "I don't wanna see my little brother get drafted--he just turned eighteen. People think their votes don't count, but people need to get out and vote."

"Mosh" is the second track off Encore to be heard so far. The video for the lead single, "Just Lose It," was banned by BET in deference to Jackson, whom Eminem mocks in the clip.

As an incentive for fans to actually buy the CD instead of illegally downloading the album when it drops Nov. 16, Eminem has launched the Very Shady Xmas Contest. Fans who pay for the disc will be eligible for 400 prizes, ranging from Eminem-styled shows to Shady merchandise coupons to Sirius satellite radio equipment to a shot at working on the rapper's next video.

Speaking of Sirius, Eminem will kick off his new channel on the satellite radio service, Shade 45, next week with an exclusive, live broadcast of the Shady National Convention at New York's Roseland Ballroom. Eminem is slated to perform more cuts from Encore during the Oct. 28 event.

Meanwhile, there's word that the 32-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, is mourning the death of an uncle.

Todd Nelson, who helped raise an infant Eminem when his biological father abandoned the family, committed suicide at his home in Michigan on Tuesday, London's Daily Mirror reports.

The 42-year-old Nelson shot himself in the head while sitting in his car in his backyard. He had supposedly become depressed in recent days following an altercation with a sheriff involving a dog.

A rep at Eminem's label Interscope, Dennis Dennehy, declined to comment.

But the hip-hopster's grandmother, Betty Kreslin, told the Mirror, "I'm so heartbroken, I don't know if I can handle this as well. He'll be buried next to my Ronnie."

Nelson is the second member of Eminem's family to die by his own hand. The rap star's other uncle, Ronnie Mathers, killed himself last year after a bad break-up with his girlfriend.

"This news has hit Marshall hard. It will bring back all the memories of losing Ronnie," an unnamed "friend" of Eminem is quoted in the Mirror. "To lose two uncles at such a young age is terribly sad, especially as his father has never been around. The fact they both committed suicide is so tragic."

Eminem has reportedly agreed to pick up the tab for Nelson's funeral, though it's unknown whether the rapper will attend.

Politics makes me sick.

:-X

Guest jbit

Since you brought the topic up, what is your level of education, just so we know your qualification to throw around political rhetoric

Guest tres-b

I have a degree in political science from the University of Florida and also have a lot of hours in finance, accounting, and real estate classes from Georgia State and I actually work in real estate for a brokerage firm that specializes in apartments, but we also move retail centers and land as well.