Clubplanet Nightlife Community

brain in a dish flies plane

Guest saintjohn

Guest saintjohn

Oct. 22, 2004 — A University of Florida scientist has created a living "brain" of cultured rat cells that now controls an F-22 fighter jet flight simulator.

(edit)

For the recent project, Thomas DeMarse, a University of Florida professor of biomedical engineering, placed an electrode grid at the bottom of a glass dish and then covered the grid with rat neurons. The cells initially resembled individual grains of sand in liquid, but they soon extended microscopic lines toward each other, gradually forming a neural network — a brain — that DeMarse says is a "living computational device."

The brain then communicates with the flight simulator through a desktop computer.

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20041018/brain.html

Guest cutchemist

Cyberdyne Systems

hard to believe....but the pc and the "brain" are both just electrical units more or less...and don't fool ur self it is NOTHING LIKE OUR BRAIN...just keep that i mind ;D

GREAT THREAD MAN ;D

Guest JMT

Brain? Rats?

Everything in life does relate back to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :)

30727-2556726-krang.jpg

shit! you have no idea how long i looked for a Krane pic! LOL i gave up, couldnt find one.