Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Seperating church and state......

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

If seperating church and state is such a big issue today why hasn't it been done with our money? All Federal Reserve notes (Cash) say "In God We Trust".......

Federal Reserve (State) + "In God We Trust" (Church)..Where's the seperation?

Guest bcnjunkie

it's traditional..... when you start involving something so passionate, that can be interpreted differently, into goverment it will result in fanatisicism yielding groups similar to the Taliban. A leader of such a state would probably feel a sort of divine resposibility and authority to carry out "divine" law by whichever means. Having faith means having humility and christians mainly have forgotten that. They forget that Jesus taught that you should teach but never impose your faith..... After modern day muslims, christians are the people who least understand their religion (either that or they understand it but choose to misinterpret it for self benefit such is the case of the Catholic church and Bush and Osama Bin Laden in the case of Islam)

Guest JMT

the separation is in the courts, we dont rule people based on religion, but yes laws are based on the principles and beliefs of the founding fathers. hence the quote on currency.

call me a fanatic but when people dont have a moral compass bad things happen.

Guest JMT

Osama Bin Laden thinks he has a Moral compass

thats why we should stick to our roots. the founding fathers could never have dreamed of muslim extremists.

Guest bcnjunkie

thats why we should stick to our roots. the founding fathers could never have dreamed of muslim extremists.

the founding fathers would find club nightlife a work of the devil

Guest JMT

thats relative, they boozed it up regularly prob even smoked various things.

I just laughed thinking about what the founding fathers would think of seeing Space packed with people dancing to Tiesto...

;D

Guest web_norah

HAMAS people also do things morally -according to their beliefs...using religion and morals is 15 century thinking seriously. most people who often refer to "morals" are the worst examples...Osama and Hamas, for example.

Guest JMT

yeah church getting involved in government has proven to be very effective.....

uh-huh

newsflash: murder, rape and theft are all "wrong" bc of a morality founded on some religion. yeah, why not just make those misdemeanors.

Guest JMT

just because i obey the same concepts that the ten commandments, well, command, doesn't mean that i obey the ten commandments. i think they're pretty common rules of human decency.

and how did it ever get that way? hammurabi's code didnt quite have the same effect.

we're on the same page. but i think indirectly all people are following them by living lawfully, since they shaped our laws. my only point is that the basics of them still provide a good guideline for society today.

Guest bcnjunkie

the 10 commandments ? are you kidding ? if we were to inforce them as part of our goverment we would never be able to get anyone in office !!!! c'mon dude ....

Guest JMT

the 10 commandments ? are you kidding ? if we were to inforce them as part of our goverment we would never be able to get anyone in office !!!! c'mon dude ....

pay attention to the discussion man. they are the foundation of our laws is what im saying. you cant be that ignorant.

Guest JMT

lets all join the 10 Commandments task force and start preaching in Liberty City - see what happens ::)

huh? what are you babbling about? go blast some house music and see what happens. or go fly a kite there, bc those have about just as much to do with what im talking about.