Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My new digital camera...

Guest macboy

On the contrary, I was going to get this one. It was between this and the Canon S410. Since I had another Canon previously and was already comfortable with it, I went with the Canon. But bring it to Prive this Friday!!!!!! ;D

Guest pod

No way. Casios blow. For that price range at the same store since you have a gift-certificate.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=312129&pfp=BROWSE

HP R707.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=311351&pfp=BROWSE

Canon S500. $50 more than the other ones, but I would highly recommend it, as the build quality can't be beat for a little P & S, and it has all the "easy" modes, as well as a manual mode if you want to get creative. I'd say it is well worth it.

Now wait, did you buy already?

Guest macboy

Macboy, the camera will be at Prive..will you? ;)

But of course!! I wouldn't want to miss :-* GSC :-*

And pod, I read some reviews of people who tested both the S410 and the S500 and said the S410 actually performed better. So Crazy, if you can take the camera back to CompUSA, the S410 is the same price as the Casio.

Guest pod

The website didn't list the S410 so I didn't mention it...but I would go for that actually. My friend has an S410 and it works just fine.

Just go for broke Carisa and get a 1Ds MKII.

509_canon_1ds_front_1.jpg

Guest endymion

Wow that's cool Carisa, I love how small that thing is. I have a little Canon Elph and that little tiny thing makes it look like a cinderblock by comparison.

Guest pod

Hard to sell 35mm gear these days. Only market for 35mm really is students and the few dinosaurs who insist on dealing with the hassle of film.

With the new semester coming up soon at UM and FIU, your best bet would be just to eBay it and say "Great Student Camera!"

Guest pod

Exactly. Students are required to learn on these. For good reason too ;D

Students around here are little perverts though. When it comes time for finals, I often do printing for the students and it is nothing but lesbians lesbians and more lesbians. In the name of art of course. Yeah, art, that's it.

Guest pod

I didn't do the dyke thing when I was in school. My final project involved shooting in clubs. Only I could turn a school project into a night of shooting and drinking. There was dyke action, being Miami Beach and all. I still have the negs somewhere.