Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Camera phone users...

Guest pod

Guest pod

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0410/04102001samsung_schs250.asp

Samsung premieres 5 megapixel camera phone.

I'm sure the quality blows compared to a real 5 MP camera, but if it is "good enough" , it will go over well for the budding camera phone market. Low end digital camera sales might just take a big hit, since people will have a low end camera in their phone that they probably got for free.

That being said, how many people actually utilize the camera on their camera phone, be it for fun or otherwise?

I kind of use mine as a location log, anytime I visit someplace new, I snap a little photo. Nokia is coming out with a GPS add-on for phones like mine, so I'm guessing I can tag the image with the actual location soon.

Guest JMT
I kind of use mine as a location log, anytime I visit someplace new, I snap a little photo. Nokia is coming out with a GPS add-on for phones like mine, so I'm guessing I can tag the image with the actual location soon.

does that mean if you go to Space your phone display can/will default to a pic of Space? or is it not that precise?

Guest pod

Nah. Not yet. What I mean is that the image file header will have the latitude and longitude of Space. The software would have to be a little more advanced to display an image when you get near a place. Though that is a good idea.

I also use it to shoot off a quick image to someone if they are lost and need to know where I am or something.

Guest pod

I had a special work permit to do some shooting at ninety9 and Norah was kind enough to drive me and make sure I didn't run off. My parole officer gave her a taser just in case.

Guest LeVeL

I had a special work permit to do some shooting at ninety9 and Norah was kind enough to drive me and make sure I didn't run off. My parole officer gave her a taser just in case.

Hey Pod I have been meaning to ask you man. What did you do to deserve to be in Parole..you look like a harmless down to earth guy. Well not exactly down to earth but you know what I mean. What did you do dude?