Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If the Red Sox win the World Series tonite.......

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

yeah, the series is pretty anti-climactic after that ALCS.

I've fallen asleep during every game so far. I kind of hope that the Sox drop the next 2 and go back to Fenway and win it there.....

Guest swirlundergrounder

they are making it look easy. i agree with you there, but flirting with 2 losses.... :-X

Yeah..screw it. Let the Sox wrap it up tommorow so that the curse can be reversed!

Guest dino

Couldn't agree more. You just can't top how the ALCS went. I wanted the Redsox to win the world series, but it would have been nice if the Cardnals won a game or two. I would have loved to see Boston win it in Boston.

Guest LeVeL

I still cant believe the Red Sox won the World Series...I am still shocked it still hasn't sinked in. But this World Series was one of the most boring World Series I have watched in a long,long time.

Guest web_norah

Adding to this thread..........

glad baseball is over, now i can sleep in peace without hearing screaming drunken fans hanging out in my doorstep

Guest CowboyTrance

BBBBBBOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGG. Worst Series (from an action standpoint) in recent memory.

Could the Cardinals have at least pretended they wanted to win?

Guest JMT

the series was just a formality, it was Bostons destiny. it was like watching the ball drop on new years. after they went up 3-0, i didnt care. it was clear it was over for the Cards.

the ALCS gave enough excitement for the whole post-season.

YEAH! ;D

Guest LdySphynx

Yeah, Yeah....i'm a little late but whatever!!!!

Did anyone else find it Ironic that the curse was always based on Babe Ruth and that the number he wore was #3...the Yankees only got 3 runs in the 7th game, & The Red Sox won with 3 runs.

Ok maybe it was just me but I found it ironic as hell.

Oh yeah and how many months ago did I post that it was going to be a Red Sox year and a Red Sox, Cardinals World Series....did I call it or did I not ;D.

[glow=red,2,300]CONGRATS TO THE RED SOX IT IS WELL DESERVED ;D[/glow]

As for the Yankees (Nanny Nanny Boo Boo) :P

Guest LdySphynx

i think the final out for the Cards wore #3 as well.

You know what you're right, I just noticed that....talk about ironic.

Guest swirlundergrounder

86 years since their last WS, and their biggest choke came in 86.

I'm glad the WS was won by the Sox. And in regards to Bill Buckner as well. He had a solid career and he was always remembered for what happened during the WS in 86. But I hope now people will start to recall his career accomplishments and not just that singal moment...

Guest LdySphynx

I know everybody is saying "oh it was the most boring series ever" talk about unappreciative give me a break they [glow=red,2,300]SWEPT[/glow] the team with the best record in the League....how much more exciting can you get, and just the fact that they did it with so many odds against them that is exciting in itself!!!

But I guess they can't please everyone, no matter what they do ::) or how many championships they win, besides look at what happened to The Yankees for letting it get to 7 games The Red Sox learned from that and there was no way they were going to let that happen to them!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

I know everybody is saying "oh it was the most boring series ever" talk about unappreciative give me a break they [glow=red,2,300]SWEPT[/glow] the team with the best record in the League....how much more exciting can you get, and just the fact that they did it with so many odds against them that is exciting in itself!!!

But I guess they can't please everyone, no matter what they do ::) or how many championships they win, besides look at what happened to The Yankees for letting it get to 7 games The Red Sox learned from that and there was no way they were going to let that happen to them!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the Red Sox and I was rooting for them almost all season....But the WS was anti climactic no NO MATTER WHO PLAYED.....

It could have been the Yankees vs.. the Angels or the Giants vs the Mariners....the bottom line is...it was a boring World Series regardless who who won or loss...

if you ask me, I would have loved to have seen the series go back to Fenway and see the Red Sox win it in dramatic fashion with their backs against the wall as always...but the sweep denied baseball fans of that with exception to who ever won the WS (in this case the Red Sox)

Today would have been game 6 at Fenway with Shilling on the mound....and Pedro tommorow if necessary for game 7..how's that for excitement.....

Guest swirlundergrounder

Like Mdamon said, they won that's all that should matter!!!!!

Okay..You win....I guess you're my daddy now!!!!