Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Latin Hip-Hop/Raggaeton

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Ok, so this thread is not about electronic music and I'm definitely a critic of hip-hop music. But, I just got back from my trip to San Jose, Costa Rica and found my ear caught by a fusion sound I hadn't heard here in the states (with the exception of Ivy Queen). Does anyone know where I can find out about this fusion of hip-hop, latin, and reggae music I heard while in San Jose? I'm interested in finding a website(s), etc. that has a current list popular songs and artists, similar to Ivy Queen.

Guest james stratus

I don't like it, don't know what's really big in it, or where you can look to specifically find out.. but just turn on Power 96 and there you go!

Guest slamminshaun

I don't like it, don't know what's really big in it, or where you can look to specifically find out.. but just turn on Power 96 and there you go!

I would if I lived down there...that's why I posted this thread. Not interested in the "dirty south" and "east coast/west coast gangbang" crap they play anyway. Just looking for someone who might be from Central America to post a website for me. ;D

Guest web_norah

watch the Roof on MUN2, they've got plenty of reggaeton acts coming in regularly -it is on daily from 8-10pm

btw there is also Tego Calderon and Don Omar, if you're really interested in other reggaeton artists.

Guest durrtylexx

raggaeton is huge...especially in Puerto Rico and South America..

At first I thought it was completly ghetto, but the party songs are fun and entertaining..I could only listen to 15 minutes of it and then I'll go mad..But there are plenty of reggaeton festivals and concerts in Miami..I like the gasolina song lol...

Guest slamminshaun

watch the Roof on MUN2, they've got plenty of reggaeton acts coming in regularly -it is on daily from 8-10pm

btw there is also Tego Calderon and Don Omar, if you're really interested in other reggaeton artists.

Thanks, I knew you'd be the one to post info on this thread. By the way, thanks.....Vertigo in San Jose was HOT.....so many stories I have from that night....hahaha

Guest LeVeL

Man I only like Reggaeton only in a Club atmosphere and I have to be drunk or something. That music doesn't have no soul behind it. Your telling me Wassa,Wassa and Gasolina are Hit songs...thats ridiculous.

You should look for Daddy Yankee that man is dominating Reggaeton right now. Tego Calderon was on top but not no more. And Ivy Queen is an ugly bitch..she looks like a hoodrat.

But if you need any info on reggaeton on this website I recommend you talk to Clarisa from the boards. because she has the most knowledge of this music on here.

Guest durrtylexx

Man I only like Reggaeton only in a Club atmosphere and I have to be drunk or something. That music doesn't have no soul behind it. Your telling me Wassa' date='Wassa and Gasolina are Hit songs...thats ridiculous.

You should look for Daddy Yankee that man is dominating Reggaeton right now. Tego Calderon was on top but not no more. And Ivy Queen is an ugly bitch..she looks like a hoodrat.

But if you need any info on reggaeton on this website I recommend you talk to Clarisa from the boards. because she has the most knowledge of this music on here.

[/quote']

its like all that southeren crunk crap...music that makes you move, but you can only listen to it for 20 minutes tops..

Guest LeVeL

Man I only like Reggaeton only in a Club atmosphere and I have to be drunk or something. That music doesn't have no soul behind it. Your telling me Wassa,Wassa and Gasolina are Hit songs...thats ridiculous.

its like all that southeren crunk crap...music that makes you move, but you can only listen to it for 20 minutes tops..

Yoo man Reggaeton is so ridiculous...I would take Merengue or that Bachata crap anytime over Reggaeton. I believe Reggaeton was invented for those people who cant dance either Merengue or Salsa. They needed an alternative sound to get people into the dancefloor and its working. But the sound is ridiculous, every song has the same fucking beat its too funny.

Guest slamminshaun

But the sound is ridiculous' date=' every song has the same fucking beat its too funny.

[/quote']

Yeah, I noticed that about the beat always being the same. It was like a slowed down version of the beats I've heard Africanism use. Reminds me of when Freestyle music always had the same "Planet Rock" beat. I'm not saying I'm head over heels for the music, but it is definitely something I hadn't heard before and am interested in hearing more as to draw my own conclusions.

Guest Fez

Reggaeton used to be better before.....now it just went boom.....I never liked it that much...now everybody listens to it......they even play it on Power 96....all these freakin Messicans...lol(j/k) listen to this....when this was limited to Boricuas and DR...lol

Guest LeVeL

when this was limited to Boricuas and DR...lol

acourse it was underground but then it was called spanish rap now its called reggaeton. They try to make it more danceable and shit. But I agree to your conclusions, I used to listen to it back then and to tell you the truth it was crap then too....only a limited amount of artist standed out then.

Guest Clarisa

Man I only like Reggaeton only in a Club atmosphere and I have to be drunk or something. That music doesn't have no soul behind it. Your telling me Wassa' date='Wassa and Gasolina are Hit songs...thats ridiculous.

[/quote']

Yeah man. I'm like the spanish music queen. The person who you need to look for is VICO C. He is like one of the pioneers of reggaetton. Don Dinero is pretty cool. Also club 1800 is run by Don Dinero and they play alot of raggaetton. I'll be checking that out soon.

Guest Cosmigonon

Ok, so this thread is not about electronic music and I'm definitely a critic of hip-hop music. But, I just got back from my trip to San Jose, Costa Rica and found my ear caught by a fusion sound I hadn't heard here in the states (with the exception of Ivy Queen). Does anyone know where I can find out about this fusion of hip-hop, latin, and reggae music I heard while in San Jose? I'm interested in finding a website(s), etc. that has a current list popular songs and artists, similar to Ivy Queen.

Can you read Spanish? I'll give a couple of panamanian sites of the ORIGINAL Reggae en Español, el reggae de Panamá.

Guest james stratus

I have to sort of correct what I said earlier. I don't like what is out now in Raggaeton, but back in the day, and I'm talking a long time ago, El General was the shit. And I don't even know spanish or really even like spanish music, even though everyone thinks otherwise when they see me. What's out now is just wanna be gansta crap. And yeah, that Ivy Queen looks like a hoodrat crack whore.

Guest slamminshaun

Can you read Spanish? I'll give a couple of panamanian sites of the ORIGINAL Reggae en Español, el reggae de Panamá.

I can read Spanish better then I can speak it.....I can find my way through a website if you have a few.

Guest LeVeL

Don Dinero is pretty cool.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

hey Clarisa have you heard that song by him that goes, " Cuando vas pa' Cuba, Yo no se. "

Guest web_norah

make no mistake people

FYI

Reggaeton comes from PR. there are other forms of Spanish reggae and ska....but Reggaeton per say, that originated in PR. and it has a history just like hip hop and stuff. Reggae from Argentina, Panama, etc is just Reggae in Spanish, thats a different thing...not the stuff Ivy Queen or Don Dinero play.

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

[/quote']

Yoo man Reggaeton is so ridiculous...I would take Merengue or that Bachata crap anytime over Reggaeton. I believe Reggaeton was invented for those people who cant dance either Merengue or Salsa. They needed an alternative sound to get people into the dancefloor and its working. But the sound is ridiculous, every song has the same fucking beat its too funny.

Arent Master Joe & OG Black one on the first pioneers of reggaetone in Puerto Rico?

I agree Level about dancing for people that cant do salsa or merengue..when i did the music video they were like..."okay everyone who can dance reggaetone?" I almost started cracking up because if anyone has seen numerous reggaetone videos on mun2...they all just move like souldtrain shit..its kinda retarded..no talent needed for moving to that. However i do admit some of the songs have a nice beat but to me they ALL sound the same. (i guess what many people say about house music which i would fight till my death on lol).

Also...i think Ivy Queen was or is a man to tell u the truth.

raggaeton is huge...especially in Puerto Rico and South America..

At first I thought it was completly ghetto, but the party songs are fun and entertaining..I could only listen to 15 minutes of it and then I'll go mad..But there are plenty of reggaeton festivals and concerts in Miami..I like the gasolina song lol...

not all south america...not huge in brazil

Guest LeVeL

She's a man....baby. austin_powers.jpg

Somebody needs to rip that wig off her hair and expose her.

Arent Master Joe & OG Black one on the first pioneers of reggaetone in Puerto Rico?

I agree Level about dancing for people that cant do salsa or merengue..when i did the music video they were like..."okay everyone who can dance reggaetone?" I almost started cracking up because if anyone has seen numerous reggaetone videos on mun2...they all just move like souldtrain shit..its kinda retarded..no talent needed for moving to that. However i do admit some of the songs have a nice beat but to me they ALL sound the same. (i guess what many people say about house music which i would fight till my death on lol).

booo boo booo...boricua, morena, cubano, dominicano...que? que? quiere reggaetonnn...i got in puerto rico con barcardi limon....

Guest LeVeL

booo boo booo...boricua, morena, cubano, dominicano...que? que? quiere reggaetonnn...i got in puerto rico con barcardi limon....

::)