Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HELP!

CrzyC1414779017

Which hotel do you prefer?  

1. 1. Which hotel do you prefer?

I have a friend coming in town in a few weeks...which hotel would you stay at and why?

presidente i had a bad ass party at once and the rooms were great !! especially the one with the big ass jaccuzzis ;) ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

There's a hotel I know of called the 'Hotel California'....it's a lovely place you can live it up in any time of year...

Guest Clarisa

I have a friend coming in town in a few weeks...which hotel would you stay at and why?

presidente i had a bad ass party at once and the rooms were great !! especially the one with the big ass jaccuzzis ;) ;D

boy does this motel bring back memores one of them being that contraption called "la silla del amor". I cracked up when I asked the employee

Guest LeVeL

boy does this motel bring back memores one of them being that contraption called "la silla del amor". I cracked up when I asked the employee

he's not talking about the Motel on Okeechobee in Hialeah ita Hotel on the beach..lol

te coji balsera.. ;):P

Guest macboy

Roney is closed and is not expected to reopen as a hotel.

Carisa, I think Alan & Gina stayed at the Penguin a couple of weeks ago and they can rate it for you. :)

Guest macboy

Roney is closed and is not expected to reopen as a hotel.

Just what we need, more condo conversions.

Half of it was already condo. Looks like they are trying to emerge from bankruptcy with a condo plan for the hotel side.

Guest pod

It was in decent shape...needless to say, every week there's some stupid condo conversion premiering. Someone just put a bid for $2,000,000 on the property where I live, and they want to build yet more condos.

Guest Cosmigonon

he's not talking about the Motel on Okeechobee in Hialeah ita Hotel on the beach..lol

te coji balsera.. ;):P

lmao, that's exactly what i thought! ;D

Guest coach

It was in decent shape...needless to say, every week there's some stupid condo conversion premiering. Someone just put a bid for $2,000,000 on the property where I live, and they want to build yet more condos.

You have NO idea (or maybe you do). We are likely going to lose 3500 hotel rooms, converted to condo, over the next few years, if all of the projects currently on the books go through. Reference

http://www.miamisunpost.com/archives/2004/10-28-04/secondstoryfrontpage.htm

Just what we need to fix our already crowded streets, more population.

As far as the hotel question goes, the only one I've even heard of is the Riande. But, if you want to take Pod's advice, call the Holiday Inn sales office and ask for Annette.

Guest pod

In all honesty, where the hell do they expect to get the residents for these places? Already I've heard and see projects that got the requisite number of people to get off the ground, only to have said people back out at the last minute, leaving shiny new empty condo towers.

A friend of mine's apartment building is undergoing a condo conversion, and he may be forced to move out or buy his unit...however, the company is having a helluva time selling units, so it is debatable on if and when it will happen.

I've heard the talk a million times before, on how cool home/condo ownership is...some ways it is, that it is an investment, etc, and all that jazz. But I'm lazy, and I don't particularly care for the concept of the excessive property taxes around here. I'm not paying good money to support a bunch of degenerate children that I did not spawn. I think education should be privatized anyways, but that's for another thread.

That being said, even my rattletrap neighborhood is undergoing the condo boom.

Guest macboy

Don't forget to add in the delivery of utility services, sanitation problems, and traffic congestion to the mix. This beach cannot handle the kind of population increase that we'll be getting.

Guest pod

Totally. The population increase brings a host of issues. Do you have any idea how much trash one person generates?

Even if they don't move into these new condos, the construction disruption is no fun. Even worse if they don't since there's a lot of empty buildings that could easily remain hotels and hold tourists.

I've come to the conclusion that Miami and the Beaches cannot support any other industry besides entertainment and tourism. How inclined are you to work in a stuffy cubicle coding lines of BogoScript all day when you could be out on the beach, or even better, nursing off a world-class hangover from the night before?

So by taking away hotels, you are making it harder for the one sucessful industry in Miami to remain so. Either that or everyone should just wake up, smell the telecommuting coffee and do it that way. There's a shitload of jobs that can be done without requiring office space.

Guest JMT

not replying to anyone specifically but new york has a much higher per capita population and makes it work. good public transportation is key.